PDA

View Full Version : buttons taday with Coinnut

del
03-20-2010, 05:44 PM
what a perfectly beautiful day here in New England it was around 72 degrees , it was buttons , buttons
and more buttons today lol lol Coinnut and i chose to hit an area that last fall produced 10 coppers
and over 250 buttons total . we figured with the spring thaw and the ground being perfect and moist , we could atleast get
a few more buttons and deeper targets . we were right we were pulling them in areas we hit before and hoped
for a deep coin or two but
it just wasn't ment to be today :rolleyes: the highlights of the day were the colonial seal matrix and another commemorative
button to celebrate Wellington's victory at waterloo over Nepolean in 1815 .

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-20-2010, 05:56 PM
neat buttons man! still squeakin stuff out of a site is awesome! thumbsup01

sniffy
03-20-2010, 06:54 PM
over 250 buttons!?! wow.....nice hunt today! Gotta love buttons!

angellionel
03-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Man, that cellar hole sure gave up the mother lode of buttons. :shocked04:stretcher: I do like that colonial seal matrix. :yes: Very nice hunt, del.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-20-2010, 08:17 PM
dan is there a seal image?

del
03-20-2010, 08:40 PM
Man, that cellar hole sure gave up the mother lode of buttons. :shocked04:stretcher: I do like that colonial seal matrix. :yes: Very nice hunt, del.

thanks Angel , i've been wanting to find one for awhile now

dan is there a seal image?

no its plain or flat , an uncut one . unfortunately the glass is cracked

coinnut
03-20-2010, 09:14 PM
Hey, I'm finally done detecting lol I got done around 7:30 PM, a short hunt rofl After spending the day with Del :rolleyes:, I went over a friends house to try my big monster coil in his 1814 Colonial paper mill that produced squat last couple of times there :bangahead01: This time I was determined to get something good. I was hoping for a copper and had some deep 12-46 readings, but all I got were copper scraps and NO coppers :crying02: First hunt gave me 26 buttons, 2 buckles, some clad and some odds and ends. Mill hunt finally gave up 4 wheats, 1 Jefferson, and a 1924 Mercury Dime. Not fantastic, but I'll take it from this site. :yes: Lot's of junk today. All in all, a good day to detect, and yes Del my arm is fine. I think I'm getting used to the weight of that snowshoe coil rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-20-2010, 10:03 PM
nice hunt G! is that Beth's salad bowl or your field helmet the junk is in? rofl

machine72
03-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Nice hunt guys I went out today at a friends house with kids and did his yard...The house was built in the late 1890's could not really go hard core cause i had to keep watch of the kids..Nothing worth posting I found like 3 wheats 1 clad dime and a bunch of memorial pennies. and junk.. was a beautiful day if the wife was home I would have loved to hook up with u guys today but ohh well.. I hope to get together with u guys real soon...hh john

John M
03-21-2010, 06:27 AM
Pounded sites still can produce and it shows by the number of good targets you guys dug.The wax seal matrix is real nice Dan and is an item on my list to find.Good number of buttons guys,you never know when one of them could be a great one.
Hey George did you use that garbage can cover coil all day? When I use my big coil I feel like it is a can cover,gotta get use to slowing the thing down at the end of the swing.

coinnut
03-21-2010, 07:39 AM
nice hunt G! is that Beth's salad bowl or your field helmet the junk is in? rofl

Geeze Dave, I'm not supposed to be using that salad bowl lol Now, I'm gonna have to clean it too rofl That's why I don't like salad at my house :cheesysmile: I always inherit the old stuff for cleaning my finds. She never throws away anything before I hear &quot:grin:shocked04: you need this for your detecting stuff? Sweet! :embarrassed:

Hey George did you use that garbage can cover coil all day? When I use my big coil I feel like it is a can cover,gotta get use to slowing the thing down at the end of the swing.

My snowshoe? lol Yea, I used it all day at both sites. :crazy: I was pleasantly surprised that my arm didn't fall off rofl Because I have to swing it slower for the E Trac to get great depth, I kinda have a steady, even swing. So it's not that bad at the end of the swing. A good hunt and the weather was perfect :)

Nice hunt guys I went out today at a friends house with kids and did his yard...The house was built in the late 1890's
was a beautiful day if the wife was home I would have loved to hook up with u guys today but ohh well.. I hope to get together with u guys real soon...hh john

Any time you have the same day free, give us some heads up and we can get together. :yes: At least you got out to detect a while. But I agree, it's real tough when kids are around :rolleyes:

sjv
03-25-2010, 05:52 AM
del, That waterloo button almost looks like mine. remember where we were? where I found that Fugio Cent. Mine says Battle of Waterloo 1815 with a similiar drum pattern. Is it silver looking like mine? You found one there also I think.

ProPointer
04-01-2010, 03:26 PM
Interesting finds Del thumbsup01