PDA

View Full Version : New Member from Omaha

Dan48
07-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Hi to all, I'm from Omaha and have been detecting off and on for a number of years. Just picked up a E-trac after having used a whites DFX and am baffled but learning. Went out on the 4th with it and was about to go home and get my Whites when I hit the biggest coin spill I've ever found. All clad dimes, nickels and pennies but better than pull tab's! 47 total in a 2ft square area and nothing deeper than three inches in an empty lot. Temp was over 100 so it was a short hunt.

I am going to a corvette rally in the black hills on the 19th with my father-in-law and hunting buddy. We both decided to leave the vette and take a truck. We plan on searching abandoned areas on the way and see if we can find our retirement cache out there. I love this hobby!

Take care and good hunting,

Dan

JTGOLD
07-06-2012, 04:46 PM
welcome to the forum,Dan, from central Illinois.

buck57
07-06-2012, 07:11 PM
Welcome from Missouri Dan. :waving:. Nice little piles of coins there. Interesting to see what you might post after returning from the Black Hills. :shocked04:. Good hunting to ya, thumbsup01. Eric

Epi-hunter
07-06-2012, 10:05 PM
Welcome! Hang in with that E-Trac. You will continue to love it. :)

Ill Digger
07-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Hey Dan48 :groovy:
Welcome to the forum from the cornfields of Illinois! :grin:

aloldstuff
07-07-2012, 04:26 AM
Welcome from western MA. Congrats on getting yourself an Etrac. We have a lot of members here swinging that machine. Looking forward to your retirement stash post when you get back from the Black Hills.

Lowjiber
07-07-2012, 06:04 AM
Welcome from southern Nevada Dan.

Fire Fighter 43
07-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Hello Dan and welcome to the forum from SE Wisconsin. The Etrac is a great machine just be patient. Good luck on your trip to the Black Hills.

del
07-07-2012, 11:37 AM
hello Dan welcome to the forum ..
i also have the dfx (been using it for 7 years now ) its a great machine going to an e-trac is a very difficult transition i know i watched my buddy do it , it probably took him almost 6 months to get the hang of it . those two machines are like night and day but you'll get it . congrats on the coin spill and good luck in the Black hills take some pictures , glad to have you Dan .

Dan

Dan48
07-07-2012, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. If I hit paydirt, I'll be sure and post some pictures.

OxShoeDrew
07-08-2012, 07:18 AM
Welcome Dan, I wonder who drops 47 coins and how. My son found a huge clad spill last week. Like someone emptied their piggy bank. :dontknow:
I hope you like it here. :waving:

Tony Two-Cent
07-08-2012, 06:17 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist, Dan! |:cheering:

I have owned my E-Trac for a little over a year and I wouldn't trade it for anything! I absolutely love this machine!

Good luck finding your retirement cache! thumbsup01

jkress
07-08-2012, 06:31 PM
Welcome aboard Dan. :clapping: Thanks for joining our group.
The more time you spend with your E-Trac... the more you will be impressed. :yes:
Best of luck on the cache.

Dan48
07-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Welcome Dan, I wonder who drops 47 coins and how. My son found a huge clad spill last week. Like someone emptied their piggy bank. :dontknow:
I hope you like it here. :waving:

My buddy and I figure it was a younger child playing. The area I found them appeared to be where a front yard/ driveway might have existed at some point.

One of the things I love about this hobby is contemplating the lives of those that last posessed the items I find. Sounds goofy but I feel a connection to them in some small way.

Dan48
07-12-2012, 05:08 PM
Really getting the hang of this E-Trac! Much easier after a couple of day's and I've been finding alot more silver than usual. Granted, there could be more to it than just the new machine. Wish they would have the FE/CO numbers posted on the machine for various targets like the DFX though.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes and happy hunting everyone!

Dan

CODY
07-12-2012, 07:46 PM
Welcome from Mississippi. Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your post and finds.