PDA

View Full Version : 1820'S HOUSE AGAIN*SILVER*IH

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-20-2010, 06:09 PM
nothing to do today so,i decided to go back to the 1820's WAKELEE homestead.In the past this house gave up a 1845 LC,a walking liberty half,a few mercs and a silver washington qtr.
today i dug everything! first target against a tree was a 1889 IH penny.some zincolns a few wheaties,a 1944 merc and a totally worn out nickel.probably a shield nickel :confused: never dug one yet and figures if it is i'll never know :ticked:
a handful of unfinished buttons.apparently somebody that lived here worked at waterbury button co. the unfinished eagle button reads in the motto Industrial Military Preparedness NSCA i'm assuming this is world war 2 since scovill brass and waterbury button were both major contributors in the war effort back at that time.

i guess my find of the day which was a brown crumpled piece of aluminum that almost ended up in the garbage can until on a whim i put the brass brush to it and saw lettering.
i straightened it out the best i could.
it's a 1902 drivers liscense from Louise Wakelee state of Ct.
i may donate this to the historical society since this house is on the historic registry.
have a great week all!

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-20-2010, 06:11 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-20-2010, 06:13 PM
last of the pics

del
03-20-2010, 06:26 PM
very nice relics Dave you had a good day , are you sure thats a drivers liscense there weren't many cars at all in 1902
and only very wealthy people could afford a horseless carriage

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-20-2010, 06:28 PM
very nice relics Dave you had a good day , are you sure thats a drivers liscense there weren't many cars at all in 1902

what else could it be? says her name,height ,year 1902 state of connecticut with the state seal to the left of words.the Wakelee's were very prominent people at that time in this town

del
03-20-2010, 06:30 PM
an official i.d. tag from Connecticut maybe

sniffy
03-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Nice hunt dave! I bet that is a shield nickel!

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-20-2010, 08:31 PM

here's a 1902 Ford Dan
1902 FORD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZyPaqCEZhg#)
and some ifo on the owners of the home.
http://www.tapr.org/~wa1lou/whs/wakelees.html
oops i thought the house was built in the 1820's built in 1835.sorry about that

coinnut
03-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Nice hunt Dave. That would be a very early use of aluminum. It was rare in the 1870's but by 1900 was common. It could be a drivers licence, but I think it's kinda a dog tag from the military. You ID badge when you inlisted. Just a guess though. Nice buttons as usual :rolleyes: rofl A guess everyone had a good hunt. thumbsup01 There is a way to test that nickel by using nic a date restorer on the whole coin. The complete image will appear on it, but it will etch your coin a dull gray.

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-20-2010, 10:08 PM
Nice hunt Dave. That would be a very early use of aluminum. It was rare in the 1870's but by 1900 was common. It could be a drivers licence, but I think it's kinda a dog tag from the military. You ID badge when you inlisted. Just a guess though. Nice buttons as usual :rolleyes: rofl A guess everyone had a good hunt. thumbsup01 There is a way to test that nickel by using nic a date restorer on the whole coin. The complete image will appear on it, but it will etch your coin a dull gray.

:huh: ladies were in the military in 1902? wouldn't it say united states of america then? :confused: i gotta find out what this thing is now :bangahead01:
now i'm gonna go use my nik-a-date! thanks for reminding me i had this stuff :embarrassed:

John M
03-21-2010, 06:37 AM
Nice group of items Dave.The aluminum plate is an interesting item and could be one to try and id.Maybe it could be her AARP card. rofl rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-21-2010, 06:46 AM
nik a date didn't do a thing :confused: G women were just given the privilege to work in factories to support the war effort during WWII so,i doubt she could have been in the military :confused: i'm thinkin maybe it has something to do with her family being in politics perhaps.maybe to get into the capital building perhaps with husband? photo was inserted into back pocket and hung on a chain around neck? just a thought :tongue:

coinnut
03-21-2010, 07:32 AM
:huh: ladies were in the military in 1902? wouldn't it say united states of america then? :confused:

Ladies have been in the military since there was a military lol Just not recognized :( You're probably right , I never read the tag, just what you wrote about it. It's unlikely that it is a military tag of some sort for a women. Just as unlikely that it is a driver's card for a women in 1902 also. What year did they get the right to vote? Maybe a voter's ID. Sooner or later we will exhaust all possibilities rofl