PDA

View Full Version : Couple silvers, Sterling, Wheats and I hope a Copper

aloldstuff
07-08-2012, 02:13 PM
Rob came over at around 7am today and we headed into Springfield. He had gotten a lead on a park in a very bad section of town but we figured we would be there early so nobody should be up and about. We called it right. Rob managed to get himself 4 silvers, a buff, and 10 wheats (I think). I got a rosie, a wash and 6 wheats which now puts me over my last years total. I will also be including a picture of what I am hoping to be a copper (but I have been disappointed before). If you can identify it please chime in. I am also gonna post it in the Relics section. To the left of the head I can make out CONV (I think), hope that helps.

Also got another sterling ring. Over all we had a pretty good day

Thanks for reading and drink a lot of water

leslie(nova scotia)
07-08-2012, 04:39 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....bad part of town........bouys dun gud. Nifty clahad ring and silvers! <;)

Epi-hunter
07-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Hey Al, you have more dedication that I do to keep pulling those finds in this weather :omg:

Congratulations on the old coins and the claddagh ring. |:cheering:

That looks like a copper for sure. I have seen that design before somewhere; I'm sure someone will recognize it :yes:

starman2
07-08-2012, 06:07 PM
:perfect10: Sounds like a great place to hunt! Next time you go there. Don't forget the heat! Both kinds. :boxing: lol! :congrats: on the silvers. And the very interesting ring! The Copper looks pretty good! Do you have the copper in a liquid? HH!

aloldstuff
07-08-2012, 06:13 PM
:perfect10: Sounds like a great place to hunt! Next time you go there. Don't forget the heat! Both kinds. :boxing: lol! :congrats: on the silvers. And the very interesting ring! The Copper looks pretty good! Do you have the copper in a liquid? HH!

Good observation, it's actually in the oil. When I looked at the coin in the oil, I could really see the outline so I thought it would be best to photo that way

Tony Two-Cent
07-08-2012, 06:29 PM
Very nice hunt, Al! Congrats! :congrats:

It looks like the copper says convention on it?

JTGOLD
07-08-2012, 07:25 PM
very nice finds and a good hunt,wtg.

RobW
07-09-2012, 10:53 AM
A little TMI....there are those that read our posts looking for where we go........

It was a good morning, the rest of the day was hot, and non-eventful

I am still SSOOO curoius as to the large coin:huh:thinkingabout:? Great find no matter what!

As Old Al said ...I found some decent keepers

I may have not been posting a lot lately, but I have been out and making some good finds, just not time to make posts

CTX Tom
07-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Awesome looking copper!

buck57
07-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Great haul there aloldstuff & Rob :congrats: I had a detectorist in Scotland tell me about putting a little oil on the coin DATE to bring it out where you can view it, and it works fantastic. :grin: Good job guys and good hunting to ya, thumbsup01

jkress
07-09-2012, 08:39 PM
Great job Al!! :peace: You guys did great adding many nice keepers to your collections.
You found some very nice looking silver. :smitten: Looking forward to hearing about the mystery item.

milco
07-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Nice finds guys! Congrats!

CODY
07-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Very nice finds you guys! :congrats:

PL8MAN
07-09-2012, 10:39 PM
Sweet finds !