PDA

View Full Version : Sunday morning at 'Silver Park'

jkress
07-08-2012, 06:11 PM
The heat wave finally broke here in Iowa. :happydance01: Not by much, but at least enough to get us into the mid 80's.

Finally it was time to go detecting again. It had been almost 4 weeks since my last outing and I was itching to find some silver. :yes:

Ron and I headed out of town early this morning with the plan of arriving at the park by 7:00 and hunting until noon.
The first hour of the hunt was a bit slow, but things sure picked up. <:

My last two hunts here produced a four silver day followed by a three. Today was much better.
Seven silver, two IH and a lone Wheat cent found their way into my pocket.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o626/diggingiowa/DSC_7230.jpg

aloldstuff
07-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Joe, now that is some hunting :omg:. 7 silvers 2 IH and a lone wheat is well worth waiting for. Really glad to hear that your weather has broken some, upper 80's is sure nicer than 90's or 100's. :congrats: on a great hunt and hope the weather gets better for everyone.

Tony Two-Cent
07-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Oh, what a glorious sight that is! :smitten:

FOUR Barber coins including a quarter! :drool:

Two nice looking Indian Heads! :loveit:

I'm glad that somebody is able to get out detecting, Joe! It's still horribly dry here, virtually impossible to dig.

What an incredible day you had! I will have to love vicariously through your awesome hunt! Way to go! :happydance01:

Epi-hunter
07-08-2012, 07:03 PM
:clapping: Joe, it's great to see your posts again - finally you are able to beat the heat and resume your usual silver and IH streak! :happydance01:

Love those beautiful coins - congratulations! Hope you can continue to get out!

milco
07-08-2012, 07:20 PM
Wow Joe, congrats on some great finds, I think I might consider giving up hunting for 4 weeks if I could get out and find those finds! Yes, the heat has been crazy, but I've still been out hitting the construction sites, looking forward to the days of hitting the parks again.......come on rain!!!!

dalewestaby
07-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Wow! you did reallly well

JTGOLD
07-08-2012, 07:40 PM
I would like to get out but you need a jackhammer here to do any diggin,but I enjoy looking at your nice finds,silver and IH is a great combo,wtg.

li tom
07-08-2012, 08:26 PM
That is a load of Barbies!!It's a real sweet spot you have there.How far a trip is it?I know I'm always willing to travel to find the oldies.

pulltabsteve
07-08-2012, 08:36 PM
:perfect10: |:cheering: WTG JOE!!! :waving: Another day of beautiful of finds :clapping:

starman2
07-08-2012, 09:24 PM
:perfect10:! :white:usaflag::! Thats it. You have just been Crowned Silver King! |:confused:) :wow:! 7 silvers. You must be detecting inside a bank vault or something! I love the I.H.'s There's just something about those, That makes them cool! :congrats: on a GREAT hunt! You must get tired Carrying all that silver ;)

dave in iowa
07-08-2012, 09:25 PM
Great hunt Joe , cant wait to get out again myself , been a month also
|:cheering:

Snapolson
07-08-2012, 09:48 PM
:omg: Man, you've found as many Barbers in one day as I have since I've started...over a YEAR ago!!! lol Great job!! :perfect10:

Ill Digger
07-08-2012, 09:55 PM
:omg: Holy cow Joe! :shocked04: Wow! :envious:
7 Barbers in one day is great any day! :yes: thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:
It's great to see you were able to get out and do some swinging. It's still way to dry here too. crying01

BHNugget
07-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Beautiful recoveries!! Gotta love that double 1907 barber rescue! thumbsup01

POKIE73
07-09-2012, 06:04 AM
great looking finds congrats on a great hunt gotta love them barbers denis

CODY
07-09-2012, 06:21 AM
:wow: Hard to beat that talley! :congrats:

tanacat
07-09-2012, 08:49 AM
:omg: :omg: :omg: What a beautiful sight/photo :smitten: I'm so happy for you Joe!

And... I admit I'm very envious at this dry point in my life :envious:

jkress
07-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Really glad to hear that your weather has broken some, upper 80's is sure nicer than 90's or 100's.

I'm typically not a big fan of mid 80's weather, but after several weeks of mid 90's to low 100's... 85 degrees feels like heaven. :smitten:

I'm glad that somebody is able to get out detecting, Joe! It's still horribly dry here, virtually impossible to dig.

Thanks Tony. It is very dry here. The park we were hunting has grass in horrible shape. It is all dead and brown. We figured
no one would see our digs since everything is dead any way. 8/ lol We desperately need a lot of rain here.

:clapping: Joe, it's great to see your posts again

Thank you Angie. It is great to be able to make a post again. :smitten: It's been waaaaay to long. Hope you can get out soon too. thumbsup01

I think I might consider giving up hunting for 4 weeks if I could get out and find those finds!

I wouldn't recommend it Darren. \:hammer: Just about drove my wife crazy during those 4 weeks. :cheesysmile: I don't think I ever
remember her being so happy when I went out detecting. lol
You've been doing very, very well at the construction sites you have been searching. :smitten: Keep it up.

Wow! you did reallly well

Thank you Dale. It was a fun day for me. :yes: One I won't soon forget.

I would like to get out but you need a jackhammer here to do any diggin,but I enjoy looking at your nice finds,silver and IH is a great combo,wtg.

The ground is quite dry here too. Some spots at this park were loose dry and other areas were 'jackhammer' dry :stretcher:
Hope you get some rain in your area so you can resume your treasure hunting. :beerbuddy:

That is a load of Barbies!!It's a real sweet spot you have there.How far a trip is it?I know I'm always willing to travel to find the oldies.

Thank you Tom. I'm quite sure this was my best Barber day. :happydance01:

This park is over an hour away. I first tried here last year with only a Barber and Wheat cent to show for my couple hours of effort. These results and the distance moved the park back on my list of places to return too. Fortunately I gave the park another whirl at the beginning of June and was very impressed with the results. More hunts were and are scheduled. :yes:

:perfect10: |:cheering: WTG JOE!!! :waving: Another day of beautiful of finds :clapping:

Thanks Steve. This was a fun hunt for me.
I'm still looking for my first Spanish Reale find. :daydream: :rolleyes:

Thats it. You have just been Crowned Silver King!

rofl I wish. :hysterical:
I'm more of a 'one or two silver per hunt' kind of guy. Once in a while I get lucky. :yes:
This hunt I will remember for quite a while.

Great hunt Joe , cant wait to get out again myself , been a month also
|:cheering:

Thank you Dave. It was a fun hunt for sure. :yes:
Hang in there, you'll get out there again. Heck, the 1852 Canadian half penny you found on the 18th of June would still
have me happy dancing. :happydance01: :beerbuddy:

:omg: Man, you've found as many Barbers in one day as I have since I've started...over a YEAR ago!!! lol Great job!! :perfect10:

It was a good Barber day for me for sure. Not something I'm use to... but could. lol

It's great to see you were able to get out and do some swinging. It's still way to dry here too. crying01

Thanks Tim. Very dry here too... but a guy has to do what a guy has to do. :cheesysmile: lol
Once the heat broke, I was all in. :yes:

Beautiful recoveries!! Gotta love that double 1907 barber rescue! thumbsup01

Didn't notice that until you pointed it out. 1907... :peace:

gotta love them barbers

I certainly do. They are one of my favorites. :smitten:

:wow: Hard to beat that talley! :congrats:

Probably won't any time soon. :) But I'll sure try. :cheesysmile:

What a beautiful sight/photo. I'm so happy for you Joe!
And... I admit I'm very envious at this dry point in my life.

Thank you Tana. It was a beautiful sight for me too.
Hang in there, you'll be digging some great keepers soon. :yes:

CousinEddie
07-22-2012, 01:11 AM
Your parks make me want to go kick my parks in the nuts!! AWESOME saves!! To even think about finding Barbers and IH's in my parks is almost laughable.

Cheap Thrills
07-22-2012, 01:51 PM
WOW !!! How the heck did I miss this post ? Awesome Joe , Congrats !!!!

Fire Fighter 43
07-23-2012, 03:00 PM
:wow: 4 Barbers and 7 silver total, that is a fantastic hunt, WTG Joe

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-23-2012, 03:48 PM
wow! love days like that!! |:cheering: sweet silver coins!