PDA

View Full Version : What happened to warm weather!

hoser
03-20-2010, 06:13 PM
Woke up today and it was in the twenties. What happened to our warm weather we were having!! Patti and I went out to a park thirty miles from here to see what was there. Not a bad day except for the cold. I hunted till about 2:30 and met up with toehead and his sons, great to finally meet them. I'm quite sure there will be more hunts with them in the near future. Being as this is a pretty big park I decided to just do a wandering type of hunt to see just what was there. I hunted this park last year with the DFX but now that I have a new machine I felt it was to my benifit to start fresh. I hunted along the ball diamond but the metal fence caused me a lot of trouble. I moved to the tot lot and that too gave me fits because of the metal poles. A lot of OLD trees are in this place and I cocentrated hunting around them. Didn't do bad as I came away with another silver, and a couple of wheaties. A 47 Rosie, and the wheats were a 1915 S, & a 17. I would have stayed longer but by three O-clock I was froze. Sure hope toehead and the boys found some goodies.

ProPointer
03-20-2010, 06:36 PM
How random was it to find you there:huh: I only managed to recover a quarter and a penny or two. Later went off to the Elementary school. Found lots more there.

toehead
03-20-2010, 06:52 PM
Yeah sure was cool to meet that way. Didn't have a lot of luck at the park, way too noisy, not sure why, I don't think it was just the trash. Will have to hook up next weekend.

bmc94
03-20-2010, 07:31 PM
very random to see u there. only found 40 cents after u left. want to go to grayling and detect

hoser
03-20-2010, 07:39 PM
You bet we will. It was great meeting you too. We can hunt anytime you want. Be glad to show you some spots I have made some good finds. ;)

Beefcake
03-20-2010, 08:38 PM
Congrats on another silver Hoser! You're off to an awesome start!

angellionel
03-20-2010, 08:45 PM
You really are off to a great start, hoser. :yes: I hope the weather improves down your way soon.

coinnut
03-20-2010, 09:26 PM
Another silver, a nice 1915 S wheat, some new friends and some frozen fingers lol ... I'd say you did real good today thumbsup01

ProPointer
03-21-2010, 05:19 PM
Just wanted to let you know that the coin the you were unable to retrieve was a 1959-D and very green in patina. I thought it was a weat. Anyways, it was nice to see the E-Trac for the first time.