PDA

View Full Version : A little coin spill

Snapolson
07-08-2012, 09:26 PM
I got up to New Britain this morning to hunt an old park in town. I had an appointment in a nearby town so I planned my hunt accordingly.

Today's conditions were not very conducive to the hobby. I've never encountered such dry hard soil as I did today. It was like concrete. Forget about deep targets. I couldn't get my Lesche digger more than halfway in the dirt. That plus the heat made any good finds hard won.

I also found a pretty heavy metallic object that I believe is a bullet of some sort. It looks pretty old.

My best take was this 1940 Wheat and a 1940 silver Canadian dime, both in the same hole!! It felt great getting a little payoff for all the hard work. Thanks for looking and happy hunting! :groovy:

starman2
07-08-2012, 09:32 PM
:perfect10:! :congrats: on the silver! Hope you get some rain soon. I feel your pain! We just now got some rain. That softened the ground. It was really dry here too. (Mich.) Course. There's no rain predicted again for some time to come. So It will be back to the cement. HH! And WTG! |:cheering:

aloldstuff
07-09-2012, 04:34 AM
Well at least you got yourself out there. Yup that ground is hard, very hard. :congrats: on the Canadian silver and the wheat. We all need some rain. Rob and I actually left a spot because the ground was so hard.

POKIE73
07-09-2012, 06:06 AM
congrats on a good hunt sounds like we all need rain here in the midwest good luck dennis

CODY
07-09-2012, 06:19 AM
Nice, :congrats:

tanacat
07-09-2012, 08:55 AM
:clapping: It's so nice to see members getting out! Congrats |:cheering:

Hopefully lots of people got the same amount of rain we got here yesterday :happydance01:

jkress
07-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Congrats on the two-fer Snapolson. I love multiple silver holes. :smitten: They don't happen for me very often. :dontknow:
Your efforts were rewarded. :beerbuddy: