PDA

View Full Version : First hunt at the local beach...

Celluforce
07-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Well, last Friday, July 6th, I decided to go to a local beach (in Sherbrooke, QC) for a first run on the sand with a Bounty Hunter 1100...

After 45 minutes, I left with a spoon, 2 pennies, a token (CTS - City bus transportation token) , a small Hot Wheel die cast car and a small kid's ring. (Sorry, the spoon is not on the photo)

I taught that the ring was only a toy, but it was a .925... :loveit: I cleaned it and...

It's now belonging to my oldest daughter... :cheering:

Daniel <;)

aloldstuff
07-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Not to shabby for your first run. I know your daughter is just thrilled with the ring. :congrats: :perfect10:

del
07-09-2012, 04:00 PM
any day that silver is found is a good day in my book , congrats on the ring Daniel .

Dan

SeabeeRon
07-10-2012, 03:35 PM
any day that silver is found is a good day in my book , congrats on the ring Daniel .

Dan

To add to what Dan said, any day at the beach is a good day! :cool:

dpdave38
07-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Congrats on the ring, nothing like thinking something is trash and cleaning it and finding it's .925. I bet your daughter is thrilled with her new ring.

Dpdave38
S.E. Okla ::usaflag::

buck57
07-10-2012, 06:40 PM
Great job on the firsts sand hunt. :congrats: And to add to what Dan said about silver, I will now have to agree with his statement, since I finally found my first silver today. |:confused:). Good hunting to ya Daniel. thumbsup01. Eric

carl2112
07-10-2012, 09:39 PM
nicce finds i love beach and water hunting its alot harder to get the hang of but it seems like everytime i go a little deeper then the last

Celluforce
07-12-2012, 12:59 AM
You are right about silver Dan!

Today, I did go back on the same beach, on Magog river in Sherbrooke, but I found only three pennies... One of them was a wheat cent 1945, but I'm sure this one wasn't there last week. It was in beter shape then the pennies that I have in my pocket! The two other one cent, canadian, where in pretty bad shape, but where plated zinc...

Thank you group for your support! :grouphug:

Daniel <;)

del
07-12-2012, 04:20 AM
you'll be finding silver coins before you know it Daniel good luck on your next visit there.

Dan

tanacat
07-12-2012, 02:15 PM
Congrats on your finds :clapping:

I'm always happy to find Hotwheels- I have a nice collection going lol Were you able to date the bus token?

Celluforce
07-13-2012, 09:42 AM
The bus token is a modern one... It is made of brass and are a little bit smaller then a penny. I heard they were supose to stop using those about few years ago... The CTS tokens were produced for Commission des Transports de Sherbrooke in the 90's... Since then, CTS changed their name for STS for Société des Transports de Sherbrooke. They still use those and they sell them 3.10$ cnd each.

They wanted to stop using those because some people tend to fraud the system by using some foreign coins or even pennies... Now STS is promoting recahrgeable magnetic cards instead of those tokens.

Daniel

Fire Fighter 43
07-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Congrats on a nice hunt and some good finds, WTG |:cheering: