PDA

View Full Version : The Silver Lining to Hot Weather & No Rain

milco
07-10-2012, 10:18 PM
The hot and dry weather has forced me to think outside the box for places to hunt. I have been hitting construction sites lately but the ones I have been hitting have ended and I am waiting for new ones to start. In the meantime I have found a few spots worth exploring where the river or creek bed has been exposed due to low water levels. I tried one of these spots out today and was rewarded with silver in just a small area in about 45 minutes.
[attachimg=1]
1944S War Nickel and 1944 Wheat Cent
[attachimg=2]
Also found a real rusted jack knife and lots of fishing lead, can anyone date any of these sinkers by their markings?
[attachimg=3]

POKIE73
07-11-2012, 06:46 AM
that looks like a good way to restock your tackle box also congrats on your finds and a great idea just goes to show what can happen when we think out of the box dennis

aloldstuff
07-11-2012, 06:57 AM
Good out of the box thinking. You got yourself some keepers and you can restock your tackle box. :congrats: on the silver war nickel.

starman2
07-11-2012, 02:26 PM
|:cheering:! :congrats: On the War Nickle! And other finds. You had a good idea there! Been pretty nice here in Mich. Though we are drying out again. HH!