PDA

View Full Version : Had my best day detecting yet

Spike
03-20-2010, 08:58 PM
Went to a place that I have found 4 Walking Liberty halfves in the last 3yrs but this was the first trip with my E-trac . I found 5 nice Walking Liberty halfves today alone- 4 of them are 1941's and the other is a 1935- all in great shape too! I have found nothing but halves at this place and now 5 of them are 1941's and the oldest is a 1902. Then went to another site and found a neat coin- it is just like a IH but has stars around the head and has a date of 1863 -and on back it says 500,000 persons annually cured by DrBennett's medicines. What a day!!! I think this may even impress angellionel :shocked04: :drool: If I can get pic on here I will post them :mad: :mad:

coinnut
03-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Spike, what a day you had. I wish I had your problems of only finding halves lol Congrats on your hunt. The 1863 Indian I believe is a store card token. It's used as advertising and is similar to a Civil War token. Real nice find! As far as pictures. I set my camera's resolution internally to 800x600. This way I don't have to reduce the picture size to make the limit of 300 KB per picture, in order to post. I can't wait to see the halves. You may even get angel to drool a bit :drool:

Spike
03-20-2010, 09:31 PM
Thanks it just seems strange not to find any other coin there and that many 1941s but no complaints :grin:

coinnut
03-20-2010, 09:33 PM
Maybe someone had a roll or partial roll of halves and they got lost there. What ever the reason, I'd be glad he didn't have a pocket full of Zincolns. lol

angellionel
03-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Those big silver pieces will make anyone's heart run like a wild horse and even get the person dancing out in the field. lol Congrats! I hope you can get some photos up. :yes:

Epi-hunter
03-21-2010, 09:26 AM
Wow! Someone lost their collection of silver halves. Too bad for them! :shocked04: Would love to see photos. What a great day!

Rusthunter
03-21-2010, 09:56 AM
I think he went to the coin shop and got those coins. LOL no reallly it was a great day for him. Glad he is finally starting to find some of the stuff Im dropping on the ground for him... :poke: The token is really cool.

Spike
03-21-2010, 11:34 AM
Mabe I will have rusthunter help me post them that way he can look at them again rofl :poke:

Rusthunter
03-21-2010, 12:20 PM
Here are Spikes coins.

Rusthunter
03-21-2010, 12:24 PM
more pics

CBnKansas
03-21-2010, 01:46 PM
WOW! That would be a day to remember for sure. Did you start looking around thinking someone was messing with you? I was at a tot lot that I was getting quarters galore as soon as I turned on my machine, and I started looking around thinking someone was messing with me.

Savor the day, it may be a long time before you top that one!

HH,
cb

Rusthunter
03-21-2010, 01:52 PM
WOW! That would be a day to remember for sure. Did you start looking around thinking someone was messing with you? I was at a tot lot that I was getting quarters galore as soon as I turned on my machine, and I started looking around thinking someone was messing with me.

Savor the day, it may be a long time before you top that one!

HH,
cb

I would love it if someone messed with me like that. I would tell them to keep em coming.

Spike
03-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Thanks rusthunter I will try to get some better ones if I can

coinnut
03-21-2010, 06:04 PM
The only problem I see Spike, is the let down you are going to have thinking this is always going to happen lol You should savor the moment. :yes: Next time you may find a cache of pulltabs :bangahead01: Great bunch of big silver. Man are you lucky for getting those. I would expect you are going there again?? lol

Spike
03-21-2010, 06:33 PM
O Ya :poke: Did I mention its in a corn field so I know I missed some :grin:

coinnut
03-21-2010, 06:40 PM
O Ya :poke: Did I mention its in a corn field so I know I missed some :grin:

That makes more sense now. :yes: Someone buried a cache or they demolished a house and the cache was in the basement. Now it's scattered about for you to find :cheesysmile: SWEET!!!

Spike
03-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Thats what we think but coins date from 1902 -41 that's a big gap? Either way I hope theres more :drool:

coinnut
03-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Thats what we think but coins date from 1902 -41 that's a big gap?

Not at all. Check your pocket change, or if you save your change in a jar. Look at them dates, especially nickels. I bet you will cover that span even now. He just saved whatever he got hold of. Lots of people would save any silver they could, especially if a war was present. He probably lived through the 1929 depression and decided to save some money if rough times hit again, Lessons learned from his previous days. Smart Guy!!