PDA

View Full Version : Cellar hole scraps

John M
03-21-2010, 06:12 AM
I went to a site for a few hours that has been well worked to see if I could scratch anything up.The weather was just too good to let pass by.Any way I didn't find anything fantastic but I knew that before I started.Best finds were part of an old buckle and a very old knob.The knob dates from the 1700's to the early 1800's.It has a square hole at the mounting end which makes it easier to I.d the time period.

coinnut
03-21-2010, 07:49 AM
I went to a site for a few hours that has been well worked to see if I could scratch anything up.The weather was just too good to let pass by.Any way I didn't find anything fantastic but I knew that before I started.Best finds were part of an old buckle and a very old knob.The knob dates from the 1700's to the early 1800's.It has a square hole at the mounting end which makes it easier to I.d the time period.

Glad you made it out. You should have given us a shout and tagged along. Nice drawer / door knob and the partial buckle is old. Is that a part of butt plate for a rifle?? The only items I don't like are them darn &quot:grin: buckles lol They always sound like a copper :rolleyes:

John M
03-21-2010, 09:37 AM
I think it is a butt plate.I wasn't sure about the weekend so it was a late start.

del
03-21-2010, 01:57 PM
not bad John , i'd be happy with that after a few hours of detecting . i agree with the stockplate to a rifle or musket ,
that shoe buckle would of been a beauty too.glad you made it out man.

Dan

sniffy
03-21-2010, 04:30 PM
That shoe buckle is pretty sweet!