PDA

View Full Version : Still learning my BH Discovery 2200

Celluforce
07-15-2012, 09:19 AM
Well, I decided to go hunt a little bit witn my 2200. It was the third run with it. I went to a local ball park. I tried different setting of discrimination and sensitivity. It was trashy a little bit... >:( Lots of twist caps and pull tabs. Found aloso a big metalic part (probably from a car hitch). :dontknow:

I'm trying to find the best discrimation level and to predict my target... :hairpulling: But it's a bit painfull... I dug a lot for trash, but to much discrimination make me loose my quarter and dime pratice target. Being in solid nickel, they drop often in the twistcap or pulltabs categories.

Finaly found few things interesting, but not mutch... A toy car and three pennies... Pennies are CND 1991 & 2004 and a US 1983.

The car is a MatchBox No. 37 Sun Burner dated 1972. Found one similar on eBay ... Pictures attached... eBay one is almost pristine, but I noticed that mine bear the SuperFast logo and was produced in Hong Kong instead of Macau.

I'm not an expert here... And would like more information about that die cast car.

Daniel <;)

Tony Two-Cent
07-15-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure what makes someone an expert but if you're finding stuff then you must be getting the hang of it!

If you discriminate out screwcaps and pulltabs then you will also miss a lot of coins. I suppose most detectorists try to find a happy medium. It sounds like that's what you're doing as well.

Best of luck!

starman2
07-17-2012, 01:08 PM
|:cheering:! Nice car find! Those darn pull tabs! :boxing: Got to dig the junk, to get to the treasure! :peace:

Fire Fighter 43
07-17-2012, 01:20 PM
Nice digs, TG |:cheering: