PDA

View Full Version : COLONIAL MILL DAM? 2 HOUR SCOUTING

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-21-2010, 04:21 PM
my dad told me about this spot way up in the woods near his house.dinner was at 3pm so at 12pm decided to grab my machine and go check it out.
dam looks colonial a small 6 foot by 6 foot squared hole not far from it with a cemented stone chimney laying down next to it.
farther away i think i located the home site.full of myrtle and really overgrown and a ton of junk around the hole..rusty old steel drums,old tires etc.theres a sloping bank alongside the potential cellar hole site and spewing out of the hillside are alot of oyster and clam shells. i poked around a little a dug a huge copper disc,thought i had a copper at first seeing the edge but no... :ticked: an older international sterling plate spoon with a monogram W on handle.a harmonica reed.
may be worth going back and workin this site some more.
have agreat week all!

John M
03-21-2010, 04:52 PM
Looks like it would be worth another shot.The cellar hole could have been turned into a modern day dumping spot by the way it sounds.

coinnut
03-21-2010, 05:42 PM
No Dave, you can't count that as a copper :rolleyes: lol That place has some age to it and definitely worth going back. I'd hit it out a ways, and work back to the hole. That way the junk factor is at a minimum during the start of the hunt. Did you yell at dad for not telling you about this place earlier?? :bop: :bop: Keep a cellar hole from me will ya? lol Believe me or not...there are coppers hiding there from ya ;) Try and locate a well. That will give you some insite on how that place was set up. Just don't locate it by falling into it lol That Myrtle can cover up quite a lot :yes:

sniffy
03-22-2010, 06:08 AM
Yeah what george said, you go first...I'll throw a rope!!!!!!

coinnut
03-22-2010, 07:39 PM
Yeah what george said, you go first...I'll throw a rope!!!!!!

Don't throw him a rope :confused: Once he locates the well, you can breathe easy and detect. lol It's his problem on how to get out lol Why waste precious time figuring out how to retrive Dave rofl Just hunt and be happy :grin:

sniffy
03-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Don't throw him a rope :confused: Once he locates the well, you can breathe easy and detect. lol It's his problem on how to get out lol Why waste precious time figuring out how to retrive Dave rofl Just hunt and be happy :grin:
lol rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-23-2010, 07:08 AM

:crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: meanies!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bop:

coinnut
03-23-2010, 07:31 AM
:crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: :crying02: meanies!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bop:

Come on Dave, you know we don't think this of you :bop: :bop: :bop:, we just offer this :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: We'd get you out at the end of the hunt :) :) :)

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-23-2010, 08:07 AM
Come on Dave, you know we don't think this of you :bop: :bop: :bop:, we just offer this :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: We'd get you out at the end of the hunt :) :) :)

well thats good to know.you guys are alright after all thumbsup01