PDA

View Full Version : Silver Spill!

starman2
07-19-2012, 06:52 PM
:waving:! Hello again! Today, The Dawn found me back at the park. About 6:00 am :goodnight:. Did ya notice how it's takin a little longer to get light now :-\? A nice day today! A little cooler :clapping:. Started at the opposite end of the park this time. Didn't have much to offer. But a few clad coins, and memorials. My E-Trac was pulling me back towards the other end. It was saying, &quot:grin:shocked04:wn there! Down there! by those big old trees. So I slowly worked my way back down to the large trees, near the swing sets. Working my way around little strange looking round spots in the grass :thinkingabout: What could those be? :thinkingabout: The ground is getting pretty quiet down here. But wait! There's that sweet tweeting sound again! Dug down about 6 inches or so. And unearthed a 1964-D Rosie. Picked the dime out of the hole. And just before I started to cover it up. My E-Trac wispered to me. Check the hole again, Dummy! 8/ Probing the hole. I found there was still something there. And did it ever sound sweet! I Moved a small amount of loose dirt around a little. And lo and behold! :happy: A 1960-D Washington was staring up at me. Lucky for me. It had started to gently rain. So I got under the canapy of the old Oak tree to stay dry. Found $.90 in clad and 1 Wheatie. A 1930. And a hand full of memorials. HH! :groovy:

RaZR
07-19-2012, 07:23 PM
Nice finds! Every once in a while it's nice to find a quarter that 10,000 other detectorists have missed. rofl
I had to re-check my plug twice today. My spill was 3 memorials. :crying02:
Tomorrow will be cooler and dryer. Hit that place again........... :bop:

starman2
07-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Nice finds! Every once in a while it's nice to find a quarter that 10,000 other detectorists have missed. rofl
I had to re-check my plug twice today. My spill was 3 memorials. :crying02:
Tomorrow will be cooler and dryer. Hit that place again........... :bop:
Yea, I hear ya RaZR. But all those little round spots in the grass are mine! I have hit this park pretty hard, since I got the E-Trac. Probably shouldn't have been diggin while it was so dry. But couldn't help myself. Got some rain today. So that should help the detecting, tomorrow. HH!

milco
07-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Nice hunt, congrats on the silver!

Celluforce
07-19-2012, 09:13 PM
:wow: Nice Hunt!

:congrats: I think I need an E track too :grin: I had to dig out same hole twice today 8/

Daniel <;)

aloldstuff
07-20-2012, 05:52 AM
Multiple silvers in one hole is always a welcome site. Nice that you were listening to your Etrac....do you normally have conversations with it? rofl :congrats: on getting those keepers

starman2
07-20-2012, 12:36 PM
Multiple silvers in one hole is always a welcome site. Nice that you were listening to your Etrac....do you normally have conversations with it? rofl :congrats: on getting those keepers
lol! Most of the time. I'm hunting by myself. I usually give the E-Trac a little pep talk, before we get started. So far It's working out. But thankfully, It hasn't answered me back. :twirlingeyes: Not yet anyways! :groovy:

Fire Fighter 43
07-20-2012, 04:00 PM
WTG it is always nice to see more than one silver in a hole. Congrats |:cheering: