PDA

View Full Version : Got some rain - - Got some silver

aloldstuff
07-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Finally we got some rain here, not much but still it rained. Had the day off so as I waited for the rain to stop I decided to go to the coin store and resupply my needs. At about 1pm the rain stopped so I went to park in town here and got a nice 1941 merc at about 1 1/2. Also got 3 more wheats all from the forties. Had a bunch of kids, about ten of them that decided to join me while I hunted. I get a quarter VDI and all these kids are looming over the hole. I extract the quarter and immediatley 10 hands shot out, palms up, and then the infamous plea can I have it. There were way to many of them for me to offer it to just one so I pocketed it and explained that I have to pay for my detector. Call me a meanie if you want.

Thanks for reading

Fire Fighter 43
07-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Nice hunt and congrats on the Merc. |:cheering:

jkress
07-20-2012, 11:37 PM
Nice Merc Al. You consistently manage to find silver. :peace: Congrats.

Glad to hear you got some rain. Still nothing here. crying01 We almost had a good storm the other day, but it swung north of us and we missed everything. It did however drop about 1-2 inches across a good swath of Wisconsin. :clapping: The farmers need it.

Celluforce
07-21-2012, 03:11 AM
Congrats Aloldstuff ;)
thumbsup01 Nice merc!

Daniel <;)

POKIE73
07-21-2012, 07:11 AM
congrats on the silver dime and the wheats its funny hearing the story about the kids me and a freind was out detecting and there was two little kids watching us earl got a good dime signal and up pops a merc dime the little boy looks up at him and says hey mister are going to put that back we both had a good laugh you never kmow what they will say again congrats on your finds dennis

Tony Two-Cent
07-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Congrats on the Merc, Al!

I like your story about the kids. Something similar happened to me at a park one time, there were about 8 kids crowding around me as I detected. It was mildly annoying but they weren't really hurting anything and I'm too nice to say anything. Suddenly a pickup truck stopped on the road nearby and this guy yells out the window, Get away from him you kids! My gosh, he can't even move! Then he drove away, and the kids wandered off. I think he was the father of two of the kids. I was thankful for his intervention. lol

CODY
07-21-2012, 11:27 AM
Sweet finds Al. Congrats! Glad someone is finding the Silver.

starman2
07-21-2012, 02:07 PM
:perfect10:! :congrats: on the Merc, and Wheats! I know what you mean about the kids. I've had young girls come up to me. Asking questions. And there I am standing there with a 6 inch digger in my hand. Holding my other hand out. To show them what I had found. Thinking all the while. I hope no one is looking at us from a distance. Wondering what the heck is going on! :shocked04:!! :beerbuddy: HH!!