PDA

View Full Version : yesterdays tdi hunt

del
07-22-2012, 04:22 PM
well George and i had the day off from the museum hunts we have been doing as of late , so we headed of to an early colonial we had hit a few times in the past. early George the 1st to classic head coppers have come out of this area and its a lot places to still cover , it was a short day for us as G had to be back around 1pm.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/gsite1.jpg

i was anxious to use the tdi sl on this spot , between the new coil and now being a lot more familiar with it i was looking toward getting back here . i focused around the cellar from about 25 ft out to up into the nearby fields , digging all non-ferrous targets and only digging deeper or larger iron ones . ( Drew i think i broke your ox shoe record lol lol) a few of the oxshoes were over 8 inches and one was just about elbow deep :shocked04:stretcher: in the hole when i finally found it. the chain was pretty cool as none of its links are the same size all hand wrought individually it is about 4ft long .

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2012%20finds/july21stfinds1.jpg

i did get an iron knife blade as well as this old (pre-1800's era designed button )
it had no shank and for a few moments i thought i had a half cent :rolleyes: George and i have never seen the design before thumbsup01

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2012%20finds/designedbutton1.jpg

one of the best finds was this colonial Knee buckle it was wedged between three large rocks ( all about pineapple sized) and around 8 inches down , its mostly iron with a very thin brass frame . between the rocks mineralization and the iron construction and depth George and i may have missed this target as it was pretty close to the cellar and where we have both covered before. it screamed out non ferrous on the tdi :happydance01: the U.S. Army button was found a couple of weeks ago and was put in there for size reference.

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2012%20finds/kneebuckleandWWIerabutton1.jpg

aside from the Army button heres a few finds from the last couple of weeks at various sites George and i had only a few hours out at each one so heres the better stuff
a pretty decent 95 indian

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2012%20finds/95indian1.jpg

a couple of crotal bells

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2012%20finds/coupleofcrotalbells1.jpg

and one of the few coppers i have found this year , a 1749 King George II

http://i486.photobucket.com/albums/rr228/del1786/2012%20finds/GeorgeIIcopper1.jpg

hey thanks for looking and HH all.

Dan

Merc
07-22-2012, 04:41 PM
Dan great bunch of keepers! thumbsup01

OxShoeDrew
07-22-2012, 04:59 PM
Dan, I found that same button a few weeks ago. Is your back just like this one? Those bells are sweet!....as is the coin!
On another subject, I have to say that although I've found about 75 ox shoes this year I've never had a four shoe day.... very impressive! Another day like that and you could shoe an oxen :grin:

aloldstuff
07-22-2012, 05:10 PM
Glad to read that you and George are having some hunting time for yourselfs. The IH is in excellent shape and always love to see crotal bells.

del
07-22-2012, 05:37 PM
Dan great bunch of keepers! thumbsup01

thanks Brandon

Dan, I found that same button a few weeks ago. Is your back just like this one? Those bells are sweet!....as is the coin!
On another subject, I have to say that although I've found about 75 ox shoes this year I've never had a four shoe day.... very impressive! Another day like that and you could shoe an oxen :grin:

hmmmm , the site was out your way :thinkingabout: maybe we have hit the same site at one time Drew. i just knew you would be impressed with the ox-iron lol lol.
thanks

Glad to read that you and George are having some hunting time for yourselfs. The IH is in excellent shape and always love to see crotal bells.

ya Al we haven't had a lot of time this year so it was a nice treat. i'm really hoping we have a lot more this fall . i like the bells too , i think i'm on record pace this year as i've recovered 4 whole ones this season.

Dan

del
07-22-2012, 05:55 PM
it was funny to watch George two handed probing to find his target , he had accidently steped on his pistol probe and the long narrow probe broke . 8/ so he had to try to keep both pieces together so it would sound off to find his target :rolleyes: it was like watching a trainwreck = painful and disturbing to watch but you couldn't turn away lol rofl rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-22-2012, 07:05 PM
:hysterical: at george pinpointing! nice finds Dan! glad to see ya made some time for yourselves! |:cheering:

Ill Digger
07-22-2012, 09:38 PM
:rolleyes: it was like watching a trainwreck = painful and disturbing to watch but you couldn't turn away lol rofl rofl
<} :hysterical: Oh I could just imagine seeing that! lol Now thats dedication! |:cheering:
Glad to hear you and the G man were able to get out and do a little swinging on your own. |:cheering:
You've had some nice finds in the last few weeks. :yes: The IH is in nice shape! thumbsup01
And the hand wrought chain is a neat old relic :cool: thumbsup01 Crotal bells are always cool finds...specially when they're not broken! :yes: :clapping:
Congrats Dan! :grin:

Celluforce
07-22-2012, 11:03 PM
:perfect10: Nice hunt!

:omg: a Georges II :shocked03:

I love also your 1895 Indian head! :)

Daniel <;)

Fire Fighter 43
07-23-2012, 02:40 PM
Nice hunt, the TDI worked well for you, WTG |:cheering:

fsa46
07-26-2012, 05:12 AM
Sure glad to see the two of you getting in some personal hunting time.

By the looks of your finds :shocked03: I would have to say you have the tdi sl figured out pretty good Dan. You're going to need more display cases the way you're going. :thinkingabout:

The depth you're getting with it may require you to invest in a small backhoe. LOL

Hats off to the both of you.

07-27-2012, 02:07 PM
NICE FINDS!! We have found a few of those type of buttons through the years, musta been a popular design.

milco
07-27-2012, 07:37 PM
Great finds Dan!

jkress
07-29-2012, 02:17 AM
Ahhhhhh! :smitten:
It's great to see you finally getting out there digging keepers for your pocket Dan. :peace:

Looks like a great place to spend some time buddy. You pulled a nice, old copper. :happydance01: Plus other relics.
The chain is interesting.

Congratulations.

del
07-29-2012, 12:34 PM
:hysterical: at george pinpointing! nice finds Dan! glad to see ya made some time for yourselves! |:cheering:

lol lol he made sure i didn't have my camera out when he used it lol

<} :hysterical: Oh I could just imagine seeing that! lol Now thats dedication! |:cheering:
Glad to hear you and the G man were able to get out and do a little swinging on your own. |:cheering:
You've had some nice finds in the last few weeks. :yes: The IH is in nice shape! thumbsup01
And the hand wrought chain is a neat old relic :cool: thumbsup01 Crotal bells are always cool finds...specially when they're not broken! :yes: :clapping:
Congrats Dan! :grin:

thanks Tim , i have to get my butt in gear and make a decent electrolysis tank to do all the colonial iron tools i've been acquiring.

:perfect10: Nice hunt!

:omg: a Georges II :shocked03:

I love also your 1895 Indian head! :)
Daniel <;)

thanks Daniel , it been a while since i've gotten an old halfpenny .

Nice hunt, the TDI worked well for you, WTG |:cheering:

thank you Jeff

Sure glad to see the two of you getting in some personal hunting time.

By the looks of your finds :shocked03: I would have to say you have the tdi sl figured out pretty good Dan. You're going to need more display cases the way you're going. :thinkingabout:

The depth you're getting with it may require you to invest in a small backhoe. LOL

Hats off to the both of you.

hey thanks Frank , this fall or early winter i plan on going to some beaches with the tdi . your the man i'm going to call to join me . thumbsup01

NICE FINDS!! We have found a few of those type of buttons through the years, musta been a popular design.

thanks Scott

Great finds Dan!

hey Darren thanks , i appreciate it.

Ahhhhhh! :smitten:
It's great to see you finally getting out there digging keepers for your pocket Dan. :peace:

Looks like a great place to spend some time buddy. You pulled a nice, old copper. :happydance01: Plus other relics.
The chain is interesting.

Congratulations.

Joe , since getting this machine i really love to hear the large low (whaaa) sounding iron tones and the high (whooo) non-ferous tones. George is really starting to hate this machine because its constantly running very smooth and it deadly on small brass , lead targets even in heavy minalized soil. we plan on hitting a few old parks soon and i'm wanting to see how well it locates the deep and small gold , the dfx has a hard time picking up tiny gold earrings in the mineralized dirt and often will null it out or it sounds like scratchy iron. the tdi will hit on these tiny bits very well and at good depth too.

wild willy
07-30-2012, 05:15 AM
hey dan! not long ago i was in canton mass doing work and i passed a peqout museum. it had n ice looking feilds and woods around it. im gonna look into hunting around that area. did you know there was one there? willy

tanacat
07-30-2012, 09:11 AM
|:cheering: Great pics, great finds :cheering:

Thanks for sharing your adventure- wow look at the variety!!! :congrats:

foundation hunter
07-31-2012, 01:53 PM
Dan nice bells,i found one yesterday its shaped like a pineapple.
HH GARY