PDA

View Full Version : Park Pond Shore Hunt - Wheats & Gold

milco
07-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Hit a park pond for about 1 ½ hours. There is about 6-8 feet of pond bottom exposed all the way around this 1 acre pond and it’s just a trash pit with plastic, glass, metal and all imaginable sorts of trash scattered everywhere.

I went for the hi tones only and had a great hunt. 60 pennies, 3 nickels, 5 dimes, 2 quarters, 3 tokens, 1 gold ring, 11 wheat pennies, 1 thimble and a bunch of trash and some marbles. Anything that I found that was not a hi tone was an eyeball find, there was literally money just sitting on the ground everywhere. I think I found a target or found an item laying on top of the ground about every 15 seconds. I also found a bunch of old broken bottles which I don't have a picture of.

I was digging a penny and as I am pulling it out I see the small gold ring just laying on the ground about a foot over to the left….just lying right there! The ring is dated (1944) with an inscription on the inside with some initials. The research will begin to see if I can return it.

I found some cool old tokens that are from the 20-30’s. Can’t believe I did not find any silver, but I am sure there is some there.

The Polonia Credit token is the size of a half dollar and copper.
The Wisconsin National Bank token is the size of a quarter and also copper.
The game token is the size of a nickel.

It was a fun hunt!

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-23-2012, 03:47 PM
sounds like a frustrating place but you stuck it out and were kindly rewarded! nice! |:cheering:

AmxFred
07-23-2012, 04:18 PM
Great finds! <: I think I see a name in the ring. Looks antique. Wonder if they are still alive? Fred

Celluforce
07-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Very nice finds... thumbsup01

Nice token! :)

Daniel <;)

mike l
07-24-2012, 12:27 AM
Nice finds, congrats on the gold |:cheering:

CODY
07-24-2012, 03:28 AM
WOW, now thats my kind of hunt. Big assortment! Great finds! Congrats. Love the tokens.

aloldstuff
07-24-2012, 05:02 AM
That gold ring is the second great eyeball find that I have responded to today. Sounds like a great spot to hunt. Looking forward toyour future finds from this spot.

RaZR
07-24-2012, 12:30 PM
Next step is to hit the water and find the stuff in there. :yes:
Congrats! on the great finds. That sounds like my kinda pond. :loveit:
I like hunting the water on hot days it calms the jonesing.
Good luck on your return trips there.

JTGOLD
07-24-2012, 01:24 PM
nice finds and good hunting,wtg.

starman2
07-24-2012, 01:37 PM
:wow:! An awesome assortment of keepsakes! :congrats: on the gold. It will be great to see if you can still find the owner. But 1944? You may get to keep it. WTG!! HH!

leslie(nova scotia)
07-24-2012, 02:42 PM
From the land ofthe Bluenose.....good swish which included gold and some brickrbrack! W <;)ay to go!

Ill Digger
07-24-2012, 10:05 PM
:wow: Whoa! Thats awesome Darren! thumbsup01
Finds like that! And gold on the surface? Wow! :envious:
:thinkingabout: Thats a good idea... we're in just as bad of a dry spell as you.
I'm sure there's gotta be some exposed shoreline somewhere around here :confused:

milco
07-25-2012, 07:22 AM
:wow: Whoa! Thats awesome Darren! thumbsup01
Finds like that! And gold on the surface? Wow! :envious:
:thinkingabout: Thats a good idea... we're in just as bad of a dry spell as you.
I'm sure there's gotta be some exposed shoreline somewhere around here :confused:

Thanks Tim! Kinda makes you rethink some of those spots along the water, huh! I didn't think about it myself until recently when I was hiking along a river and noticed bottles exposed.

del
07-25-2012, 02:45 PM
wow Darren , those are some great old finds :congrats: