PDA

View Full Version : Pro pointer went nuts

RaZR
07-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Today while i was hunting the battery in my pro pointer went dead. I went to the truck and got a 9 volt battery i had in there. After i put it in i pinpointed a couple times without a problem. Then all of a sudden the pro pointer went nuts and was just blasting out a repeating dual tone. The battery i put in was a heavy duty Rayovac. After removing it and putting a different brand in the pro worked fine again. :huh:thinkingabout:? maybe the heavy duty one had too much power, i don't know! Anyhow just an FYI.

RaZR

Celluforce
07-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Is it possible that your Ray-O-Vac wasn't alkaline?

...Some electronic devices seem to go grazy with regular (even Heavy duty) when they are intended to run with alkaline batteries

Daniel <;)

buck57
07-24-2012, 04:43 PM
I never get along much with them Ray-O-Vac's. \:[

laserfeller
07-26-2012, 11:46 AM
My pro-pointer makes that same noise when the battery gets weak. You might want to check the battery with a volt meter. I once put a brand new battery in my pro-pointer and it started making that noise. Turned out the battery was bad.

POKIE73
07-27-2012, 05:55 AM
i had a problem with one of mine once there is a small felt pad that is glued inside the srcew cap end its job is to put a little downward pressure on the battery to make contact mine came unglued as soon i put in postion it was ok dennis

tanacat
07-31-2012, 04:02 PM
thumbsup01 I put folded paper against my battery to hold it down better. Sometims a tap on my hand and then turn it on again and it works. I've been doing this for over a year now... it just feels like that's what has to be done, like it needs to be spanked lol But it definately acts up when getting low on battery. I've been thinking about getting a new one for a while, I've had it way over 2 yrs.

carl2112
08-06-2012, 10:14 PM
my pro pointer has acted crazy since day one i called garrett today and plan on sending it in im gonna go on one last hunt with it in the morning cause im sure they'll have it for atleast a week i dont know what im gonna do !!!! once i set it down it starts chirpping away and going nuts i use to just turn it off then back on again and that would fix it temporariy but now its going crazy all the time

tanacat
08-07-2012, 12:31 PM
My pinpointer and V3i do not get along... lol

I have to press menu button to pause my detector whenever I'm digging and I have to turn my pinpointer totally off when swinging or detector goes crazy. Is this universal-with other detectors also?