PDA

View Full Version : Silver and Other Keepers

angellionel
03-22-2010, 06:27 PM
We had rain today so it cut my detecting short, though not before I scored with a few keepers. :thumbsup01:

I hunted a local park and it yielded five silver coins. The dimes are dated 1892, 1902, 1912-S, 1918-S, and 1944.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/silverdimes_032210.jpg

The V nickel is dated 1905 and the buffalo nickel is dateless. The Indian Head cents are dated 1898, 1905, and 1907.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/coins_032210.jpg

This made for a fun find, a Roy Rogers toy ring.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/royrogersring_032210.jpg

The ring is a 'junker' and the small pendant is silver.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/finds_032210.jpg

I picked up nine wheat cents. A few are dated in the teens.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/March/wheatcents_032210.jpg

HH!

Epi-hunter
03-22-2010, 07:13 PM
Those are some beautiful coins!!! The 1912 barber is fantastic. Congrats on another great day! That 1000 silver goal for 2010 won't be any problem for you!

Thanks for sharing your trip with me today. :)

BTW... it seems that George is correct with his barberitis diagnosis. :lol: He thought I should prescribe an injection with a twelve-inch very large bore needle :lol: I will have to research that. :lol:

coinnut
03-22-2010, 07:20 PM
BTW... it seems that George is correct with his barberitis diagnosis. :lol: He thought I should prescribe an injection with a twelve-inch very large bore needle :lol: I will have to research that. :lol:

Yep Angie, I think it's an epidemic. :lol: I would prescribe a needle of at least 12, so that we can cure this boy of his infliction. Barberitis is not a laughing matter, and can it get worse as the weather gets better. If we can't cure him, the world may never recover, and there may not be any silver left for our childrens' children :shocked04: Better nip it in the bud :yes: Other than that the hunt went well :rofl:

angellionel
03-22-2010, 07:26 PM
You two are bad! lol lol

Those are some beautiful coins!!! The 1912 barber is fantastic. Congrats on another great day! That 1000 silver goal for 2010 won't be any problem for you!

A goal of 1000?! :confused: :shocked02: :shocked02: Whose goal is that? :crying02: I'm merely shooting for 400. :lol:

Fire Fighter 43
03-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Nothing like seeing a barber pop out of the ground. Congrats!

hoser
03-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Outstanding Angel. Rain or shine you still get your loot. Good job bud. Now if Angie is carrying around something shiny, twelve inches long, and sharp on the end don't let her try to convince you its just a coin probe. :shocked04: :rofl: Question for you. The ring you found, does it say Roy Rogers on it. Reason I ask is I'm kinda old, :lol: and the face on the ring sure looks like either Tom Mix (I think thats how its spelled) or Hopalong Casity. Hopalong items are pretty collectable, junk or not. Might want to check. I'll see what I can find on the web. :yes:

Angel I went to Google images typed in Hopalong Cassity ring and that sure looks like the one you found. On Proxybid it sold for $19. There were two types, one was silver premium. Nice find there bud. :thumbsup01:

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-23-2010, 11:00 AM
geesh! don't you ever get skunked in the silver coin dept?
unbeleiveable! well i beleive it...just saying.
awesome hunt again Angel! :thumbsup01:

angellionel
03-23-2010, 11:10 AM
geesh! don't you ever get skunked in the silver coin dept?
unbeleiveable! well i beleive it...just saying.
awesome hunt again Angel! :thumbsup01:

Aw, man! Now I'm going to get skunked for sure. :lol: :lol: I do have my no silver days too, but I have been on a 25 day silver streak and I'm enjoying the ride. :grin: It will come to an end though. :yes: I just hope it's in December. :lol:

Thanks, Dave! :)

Outstanding Angel. Rain or shine you still get your loot. Good job bud. Now if Angie is carrying around something shiny, twelve inches long, and sharp on the end don't let her try to convince you its just a coin probe. :shocked04: :rofl: Question for you. The ring you found, does it say Roy Rogers on it. Reason I ask is I'm kinda old, :lol: and the face on the ring sure looks like either Tom Mix (I think thats how its spelled) or Hopalong Casity. Hopalong items are pretty collectable, junk or not. Might want to check. I'll see what I can find on the web. :yes:

Ah! You might be right, Bill. :confused: I didn't think about that. I just saw a cowboy hat and Roy Rogers was the first to come to mind. :lol: The only other markings the ring has are the letters 'HC xx' on the left and right side of the band. The image itself is bordered by a horseshoe. :)

I did find a nice Roy Rogers ring back in 2007 while shallow water detecting. It's in good shape as you can see from the following photos. :)

hoser
03-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Congrats my friend you now have a Hopalong to add to your collection. HCxx exactly like the one in the site I found. Too bad it wasn't the silver one. Thats going for $125 :drool:

Postman
03-23-2010, 12:01 PM
Hey Angel,I'm going to have to head out your way from central Mass. those are good pickings.

coinnut
03-23-2010, 12:03 PM
Hey Angel,I'm going to have to head out your way from central Mass. those are good pickings.

Watch out Postman, I think he's been out to the central Mass parks too :lol: Maybe that's why they are dry :rolleyes:

Beefcake
03-23-2010, 03:21 PM
400!! You'll have that licked by the end of April at this rate! I can't wait for me to get #1 and maybe the dam will break loose!

angellionel
03-23-2010, 03:46 PM
Congrats my friend you now have a Hopalong to add to your collection. HCxx exactly like the one in the site I found. Too bad it wasn't the silver one. Thats going for $125 :drool:

Sweet! Thanks, Bill! It would have been great had it been silver, but I like it just the same. :yes:

You have some nice parks out your way too. ;) I was out there this past Saturday and picked up some goodies. :grin:

Watch out Postman, I think he's been out to the central Mass parks too :lol: Maybe that's why they are dry :rolleyes:

Shhhhh. :lol: :lol:

400!! You'll have that licked by the end of April at this rate! I can't wait for me to get #1 and maybe the dam will break loose!

I've had a good month, but it isn't sustainable. It will end. :) I do think that once you get your first taste of silver with the E-Trac, more will follow. :yes:

Beefcake
03-23-2010, 10:33 PM
Hey I just noticed the silver coin counter at the bottom... Thanks, it saves us from having to ask all the time and break out the trusty abacus to cypher all them numbers!

xzlr8n
03-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Some real good stuff you found, congrats :thumbsup01:. Too bad that wasn't a diamond and platinum ring.. Looks like you have that e-Trac talking silver to you, how do you get that audio setting?? :rofl: