PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Michigan

gridiron
07-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Glad I stumbled upon this forum. Seems like it's full of very knowledgeable people who are willing to share what they've learned to make MDing more fun for everyone. I'm from Southeast Michigan and I'm really looking forward to getting out there, now that we finally got some rain. Just got my first MD, a Whites M6 and from what I hear it's pretty straight forward to use....maybe I should read through the manual anyway :cheesysmile: . (Any tips would be appreciated) Looking forward to getting to know everyone and sharing some cool stories.

aloldstuff
07-27-2012, 10:11 AM
Welcome from western MA. Back in the early 60's I lived in Dearborn and Allen Park. The M6 is a good unit (I am also a Whites man, V3i). Looking forward to your posts and future finds. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

buck57
07-27-2012, 11:40 AM
Welcome from mid Mo :waving: We also got our first meassurable rain down here just yesterday in over two & 1/2 months. I gave up on my shovel long time ago, and use this Rambo looking knife I bougth from the Wal-Mart garden center. Works pretty good in concrete. Good hunting to ya gridiron thumbsup01 Eric

tanacat
07-27-2012, 01:22 PM
Welcome from Central (big city not backwoods barefoot never heard of Led Zeppelin) Kentucky :groovy: lol Inside joke of sorts- I took a job in Colorado leading backpacking trips and one of the kids was shocked to see me wear a Zeppelin shirt, that I had even heard of them, being from Kentucky lol

Anyway, you found a great hangout- hope to see some finds and pics :) White's is my brand as well- I love my V3i :smitten: And just got my 4 yr old son a Coinmaster

del
07-27-2012, 02:19 PM
welcome Gridiron :waving: , i think we have a few members from Michigan . the M6 is a no nonsense and very good machine from what i hear. best of luck and hope to see some good finds soon.

Dan

RaZR
07-27-2012, 07:18 PM
Welcome! What city are you near? Might be time for a group hunt. :grouphug:

milco
07-27-2012, 07:28 PM
Welcome from SE Wisconsin, good luck with the M6!

CODY
07-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Welcome from Mississippi, welcome to AD. Yes, read the manual, then read it again. Practice, practice and practice some more. I promise, you become one with your machine, and the force will be with you! Looking forward to your finds and post.

Lowjiber
07-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Southern Nevada here. Welcome aboard.

You'll love the M6. It's a coin magnet. :yes:

gridiron
07-28-2012, 08:45 AM
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I can tell it's a cool place to hang out and share tips and stories. @RaZR I'm from Dearborn. Seems like there are a few of us in the Mitten, hopefully we can all get together sometime for a hunt. I'm sure there are some great spots in the area. Good luck and great finds to you all. HH

jkress
07-29-2012, 01:42 AM
Welcome from Iowa gridiron. Glad to hear you stumbled across us. :clapping:

You are right... lots of great and experienced hunters here. All willing to share advice and their finds. :yes:

Many folks have found some great keepers with your machine. Learn what it is telling you and post all the great
things you add to your collection for us. :->

OxShoeDrew
07-30-2012, 09:14 AM
When I grid I don't like to find iron lol 8/
Welcome from CT :waving:

Fire Fighter 43
08-01-2012, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the hobby and forum from SE Wisconsin.