PDA

View Full Version : ANOTHER CIVIL WAR CT CUFF BUTTON*BETTER SHAPE THAN LAST ONE

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-27-2012, 08:06 PM
got out for a few hours this afternoon to a frustrating colonial cellar hole site that I haven't spent much time at for the reason you see in the photo.totally overgrown with viney crap and tons of iron.
The gnats were going in my eyeballs >:# the mosquitos were relentless! >:/ :hairpulling: and yep the deep woods OFF they just laugh at :hysterical:
anyways i managed a few keepers amongst all the garbage.a huge iron &quot:grin: for Dave :cheesysmile:
a mini pocket spill of a 1900 barber dime,1914 buffalo nickel & a 1916 wheatie yay!
some pewter spoon parts,a iron colonial shoe buckle frame,a old brass womans bangle bracelet and my find of the day was a civil war Connecticut cuff button H Smith backmark.
the other one i found with sniffy a few weeks ago was a different site and that one had a Scovill's backmark.Dan said he's never seen a Ct cuff button yet now I got a Pair!

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-27-2012, 08:08 PM
few more pics

Tony Two-Cent
07-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Awesome finds, Dave! Looks like a fun day in spite of the unfriendly conditions. How cool that you found another Connecticut cuff button! Love the pocket coin spill too!

:congrats:

del
07-27-2012, 09:15 PM
:clapping: :clapping: hey :congrats: on another Conn. cuff button |:cheering: |:cheering: bet you were smoking like a chimney trying to keep them gnats and mosquitos out of your face huh ;) nice little spill :cheering: :cheering:

Dan

CousinEddie
07-27-2012, 09:20 PM
Great saves!!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-27-2012, 10:36 PM
:clapping: :clapping: hey :congrats: on another Conn. cuff button |:cheering: |:cheering: bet you were smoking like a chimney trying to keep them gnats and mosquitos out of your face huh ;) nice little spill :cheering: :cheering:

Dan

thanks Dan! rofl even the smoke didn't phase em! :shocked04:verreaction:

Thiltzy
07-28-2012, 12:03 PM
Great hunt. Those are sharp looking cuff buttons. Gratz!
I was curious as to how your store all your relics. My room is full and I know that I dont find nearly as many keepers as you do.

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Great hunt. Those are sharp looking cuff buttons. Gratz!
I was curious as to how your store all your relics. My room is full and I know that I dont find nearly as many keepers as you do.

thanks! I have my better stuff in relic display cases and quite a bit in boxes

del
07-28-2012, 04:45 PM

thanks! I have my better stuff in relic display cases and quite a bit in boxes

Don't let him fool ya Thiltzy i've heard he rents one of those extra humungous large PODS and keeps it just outside his bedroom . he placed a sign on it called the The Colonial Smithsonian and charges a modest admission , hopefully George and i and a few others will charter a bus ride down and visit . it will be like our Graceland and Dave can give us a grand tour. who's up for it ??

Thiltzy
07-28-2012, 05:09 PM
Don't let him fool ya Thiltzy i've heard he rents one of those extra humungous large PODS and keeps it just outside his bedroom . he placed a sign on it called the The Colonial Smithsonian and charges a modest admission , hopefully George and i and a few others will charter a bus ride down and visit . it will be like our Graceland and Dave can give us a grand tour. who's up for it ??

:hysterical: With the finds he gets...I believe it Dan. I would buy a bus ticket to see that museum. :->

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-28-2012, 05:40 PM
you guys are too much! I've only been cellar hole hunting 4 years.I'd love to tour Dan & Georges museums and see their stuff after doing this colonial hunting 10 plus years! :shocked03:
here's how I store this years finds :blush: It's called laziness :embarrassed:

Thiltzy
07-28-2012, 05:56 PM
you guys are too much! I've only been cellar hole hunting 4 years.I'd love to tour Dan & Georges museums and see their stuff after doing this colonial hunting 10 plus years! :shocked03:
here's how I store this years finds :blush: It's called laziness :embarrassed:

:interesting: Hmmm.... kind of looks like my room. lol

Celluforce
07-29-2012, 12:39 AM
Nice hunt and nice finds |:cheering:

...I'll show your museum to my wife! <} ...Hope she will understand :grin: ...I'm building a museum too :yes:

Daniel <;)

chief5709
07-30-2012, 05:07 AM
Wow Great finds!!! Now that's dedication!

I'm in for the museum trip!!

btw, I showed my wife the picture of your coffee table display case (from another post) and my wife said no F*&^%ing way... but that is one cool display case IMO

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-30-2012, 02:24 PM
thank GOD i'm divorced is all I can say :teasing:

Merc
07-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Nice buttons and goodies Dave!! Deep woods off really doesn't do a thing, I recently purchased a mosquito net. Let me tell ya, I feel like a have armor on no more webs in the face, or worrying about the damn deer flies or mosquitos. I should have bought it years ago. I highly recommend it. thumbsup01

tanacat
08-02-2012, 10:31 AM
:perfect10: Wow Dave mighty impressive finds (and display) lol I remember all of your displays- I love that color of blue felt you used!

thank GOD i'm divorced is all I can say :teasing:

Hey Dave I bet you'll find a good woman who shares the hobby thumbsup01

My husband doesn't hunt but we've come to terms and found a good area for my accumulation of stuff. A workshop bench and shelving system for my display cases in the basement- my own workshop :)

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-03-2012, 08:31 PM
:perfect10: Wow Dave mighty impressive finds (and display) lol I remember all of your displays- I love that color of blue felt you used!

Hey Dave I bet you'll find a good woman who shares the hobby thumbsup01

My husband doesn't hunt but we've come to terms and found a good area for my accumulation of stuff. A workshop bench and shelving system for my display cases in the basement- my own workshop :)

thanks Tana! good lookin detecting women like you are a rare breed!

del
08-03-2012, 08:40 PM
thanks Tana! good lookin detecting women like you are a rare breed!

hey , hey down boy \:hammer: nobody hits on the Staff :beatdown: :beatdown:

Fire Fighter 43
08-04-2012, 07:10 AM
Congrats on the nice finds, WTG |:cheering: