PDA

View Full Version : The park that keeps giving

jkress
07-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Ron and I made it back to the park this morning in search of more keepers. Once again, the ground was generous.

Conditions were ideal too. Temps in the low 70's, a nice breeze and lots of moisture in the ground from recent heavy rains. :clapping:
Everything added up for a nice morning of metal detecting. :happydance01: Multiple silvers for both of us.

http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-41.jpg

http://jkress.com/AmericanDetectorist2012/pictures/picture-42.jpg

Good luck to anyone heading out this weekend. :beerbuddy:

Tony Two-Cent
07-27-2012, 09:18 PM
Nice finds, Joe! I always love your photos! thumbsup01

Congrats on the silver dimes and the nice sterling napkin ring! :clapping:

(Or is it a finger ring?)

Glad you got some rain up there. We sure could use some here! :yes:

del
07-27-2012, 09:28 PM
I always love your photos!

its that background Tony , its such a great cotrast to the finds he posts . they look so nice against it especially the indians , when we gonna see some gold up against it Joe ::huh::

congrats on the silver trio and wheats

CODY
07-27-2012, 09:35 PM
:wow: Very nice! Congrats!

JTGOLD
07-27-2012, 09:47 PM
3 silver dimes,3 wheats and a silver ring,very good day of hunting,like tony said we need some rain the dirt is like concreat here,you had a very good day,gj.

dave in iowa
07-28-2012, 01:27 AM
Great you got out , i may just be done this year the way it looks ,

POKIE73
07-28-2012, 05:54 AM
looks like a great hunt 3 silvers some wheats and a nice looking ring congrats on a great hunt dennis

milco
07-28-2012, 07:10 AM
Great finds Joe! Congrats on the sterling ring, it's awesome and looks old!

aloldstuff
07-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Joe, that park has been very good to yoy. Nice hunting and congrats on the multiple silvers and a very nice ring.

buck57
07-28-2012, 11:55 AM
Have to agree with aloldstuff, Nice Ring. :congrats: Nice bunch of silver jkress thumbsup01

pulltabsteve
07-28-2012, 12:15 PM
Nice job Joe! The silver ring is cool |:cheering:

jkress
07-29-2012, 01:13 AM
Nice finds, Joe! I always love your photos! thumbsup01
Congrats on the silver dimes and the nice sterling napkin ring! :clapping:
(Or is it a finger ring?)
Glad you got some rain up there. We sure could use some here! :yes:

Thank you Tony. It is a bit small for a napkin ring. I figure it is a finger ring. :dontknow:
The rain was a very welcome site. My lawn is barely hanging in there, but the recent rain is great
for the farmers.

its that background Tony , its such a great cotrast to the finds he posts . they look so nice against it especially the indians , when we gonna see some gold up against it Joe ::huh::

You are absolutely correct Dan. The rusted plate back ground works very well for silver and IH's.
I'm hoping I'll be able to lay a gold coin on it sometime soon. :cheesysmile: lol

:wow: Very nice! Congrats!

Thanks. I appreciate it. You are going to have to move from a 'jar' to a bucket sooner or later. :peace:

like tony said we need some rain the dirt is like concreat here,you had a very good day,gj.

The ground was concrete hard before last week. Only one rain here, but two good soakers where the park sits.
It was a fun day for me. Anytime I can dig more than one silver is exciting for me.

Great you got out , i may just be done this year the way it looks ,

It was nice to finally turn on the detector again. Almost three weeks since my last hunt.
Don't 'bench' your detector for the year yet Dave. As you know, October and November are the best
two months of the year here.

looks like a great hunt 3 silvers some wheats and a nice looking ring congrats on a great hunt dennis

Thank you Dennis. It was fun.

Great finds Joe! Congrats on the sterling ring, it's awesome and looks old!

Thanks D. The ring was around 6 inches... so I like to think it is a bit old.

Joe, that park has been very good to you.

Yes, this park was a sleeper. I tried it once last year and started at one end at walked straight through. Only found a Barber and a Wheat cent at the very end... right next to the curb. After that hunt I moved the park to the bottom of my list of places to return.
More than a month ago I decided to give it another try and search areas less than obvious... <: Plenty of keepers hiding in this park. Fun times for sure.

Have to agree with aloldstuff, Nice Ring. :congrats: Nice bunch of silver jkress thumbsup01

I like the ring too. My wife already claimed it.

Nice job Joe! The silver ring is cool |:cheering:

Thank you Steve. It was nice to see shiny ones in the hole again.

starman2
07-29-2012, 08:55 AM
:wow:! :congrats: on all the Silver! The ring looks great! :beerbuddy: to a great hunt! WTG!

freemindstuck
07-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Great finds and awesome pics, I wish mine looked half as good. We could all use a few more parks like that. wtg!