PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday, And Today

starman2
07-28-2012, 09:48 PM
:waving: Hi All! Yesterday morning. I went back to my Jr. High school. The lawnmower man was nowhere to be seen. So I thought I would conclude my marathon. Ended up with $7.20 in clad and nickles. Which brought my total of the 4 hunts to $22.90. $2.90 more then I was going for. <:! Plus a couple of sports cars for my collection.thumbsup01! Last night I went to my Daughters house. To get the key to the private park. It was kind of funny! I told my wife. I was going back to the park in the morning. She said why go try to find 1 dime. When you can go back to the school and get 6 or 7 dollars?? :crazy:! I told her. Hey! I want to do a little treasure hunting now. At which point. She just shook her head and looked confused. :shocked01:! Anyway. This morning I went back to the park. A treasure hunting I went, and a treasure hunting I did. First off. Got an iffy dime signal, close to a large tree. It seemed to stretch out too far when I was trying to pin point. I figured I would try and find the point of the strongest signal. And I would dig there. Down below a couple of roots. The shine of silver glinted up at me. :happy:! Turned out to be a 1949-D Rosie! A little further into the hunt. I got a nice nickle signal. Not quit a solid 13. But it wavered a little between 13, 14, and 16. This time it turned out to be a 1942-P war nickle. YES!! happydance02 I knew there had to be somemore old nickles in this area. After finding a few newer nickles and couple of wheats 1924, and 1911. I found another King Gorgivs pennie 1920. Towards the end of the hunt. I got another iffy dime signal, again next to a tree. Remembering the first one. I seperated it as best I could. And dug. :shocked04:! Holy cow! In the roots again, a 1944 Merc! :drool: I was bound and determined to bring something good home to show the wife. Again she shook her head and smiled. This time she did a little dance, :cheering: as she walked away. By the way. I received my test kit today. The cross I had found on the first hunt, at the school. Turned out to be Silver <:! Thanks for lookin! HH! :groovy:

Celluforce
07-28-2012, 11:33 PM
:congrats: Nice finds Starman2!

Nice Merc & Jefferson silver!

Like those cars too... Just founds five of them on my last hunt... I was showing my nephew how to work with the MD and we found some of his lost diecast cars... It was fun to dig out his old souvenirs... He's only 14... lol

Daniel <;)

Celluforce
07-28-2012, 11:45 PM
By the way, I'm happy to learn that your cross was in silver! thumbsup01

Daniel <;)