PDA

View Full Version : 1 oz. Fine Silver One Dollar Eagle found today !!! Ring #99 for the year

PL8MAN
07-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Today's find is why I love hunting elementary schools , show & tell items get lost in the field !
I'll start with yesterday's hunt . My Son Carson , friend Ryan and I hunted a school that we had not hunted before and it payed off for all of us ! Carson found a old pendent with Sanford University Blood Bank on it and his 2nd ever scout slide , he was happy ! I found ring #99 for the year ! It's a nice 925 silver band . I'll let Ryan post his finds , he was the big winner of the hunt !
Today I got a possible once in a life time find ! All three of us hunted a school that has been good in the past . Not more than 10 minutes Carson found a 1957 silver Rosie dime in the tot lot ! He was doing the dance ! I decided to start hunting the field off the playground . I found two quarters and then it happened , +94 strong !!! I'm thinking come on big silver ring , that would be a perfect #100 for the year . When I pull back the plug I had a heart attack , BIG SILVER COIN !!!! I saw the walking liberty and new I might have a silver Eagle . I call Ryan and Carson over before I removed it . I didn't want to take it out it looked so good in the dirt . I took a picture and then pulled it out , a one oz. silver Eagle !!! The kid that lost it must have just died . Like I said in the beginning elementary schools give up some great treasure ! This is a coin that was not even on my wish list . I would have I had a far better chance at finding a Morgan silver dollar . It's going to be hard for me to top this coin !!!
Ryan found another great find , I'll let him tell about , and Carson found his 2nd ring of the year , mood ring . The other great finds I had were a 1964D silver Washington and sterling silver bracelet .
This makes me just want to get right back out again !
HH
Glen

P.S. Ryan will post his on another forum . He goes by EAGLEFORCE

PL8MAN
07-29-2012, 02:43 PM
More pictures thumbsup01
Glen

aloldstuff
07-29-2012, 03:41 PM
That sure is going to be a tough one to top. I am finding it amazing that your ring total is at 99. Makes me wonder about those school yards :thinkingabout:. :congrats: on all those keepers.

milco
07-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Amazing that those things get lost, they're so big, nice find!

CODY
07-29-2012, 04:24 PM
WOW! Very nice finds. Congrats.

PL8MAN
07-31-2012, 11:37 PM
That sure is going to be a tough one to top. I am finding it amazing that your ring total is at 99. Makes me wonder about those school yards :thinkingabout:. :congrats: on all those keepers.

School fields are loaded ! thumbsup01
Glen

jkress
08-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Score on the ASE!! <: Not many bigger silver coins out there to find.

Hard to believe someone would have one in their pocket change to loose. :confused: lol
Congrats.

Celluforce
08-01-2012, 12:36 AM
Nice hunt! :congrats:

Love school too :cool:

Daniel <;)

starman2
08-01-2012, 10:08 AM
:perfect10:! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: A Big CONGRATULATIONS!! on a once in a life time find! Not only the Eagle. But all the other silver too. I'm glad you took a picture of yourself and your coin! Thats one for the books! WTG!! :happy:!!