PDA

View Full Version : Beach hunt pays off with 14k gold and a $20 Bill

Thiltzy
07-29-2012, 05:27 PM
I called my hunting buddy today to meet me at the beach that I got the 1902 V-Nickle last week. Started off slow for me when out of the corner of my eye I noticed a piece of paper floating in the water about 5 feet from me. As I got closer to it I noticed the color of money and it turned out to be a $20 dollar bill that looks like it had been in the ocean for a while. Not bad for my first keeper.

Other than that I just found a few coin spills, fisher gear, shot gun sheels and some bullets and a button. My buddy likes to keep quiet so I had a feeling he may have found some keepers and sure enough, we spread out our finds on a picknick table to compare finds and he easily beat me with the 14k, buffalo and wheat.

Thanks for looking

JH
07-29-2012, 06:35 PM
Well I guess that's easier to carry than twenty dollars in clad! :congrats: If you find my $100 bill let me know will ya? |:cheering:

aloldstuff
07-30-2012, 11:26 AM
Nice eyeball on the $20. You should have tried to barter for the ring lol

buck57
07-30-2012, 11:31 AM
Hey, nice variety of finds there Thiltzy. thumbsup01 Always got to keep that extra eye out wandering around :shocked03: Greta job!

Thiltzy
07-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Well I guess that's easier to carry than twenty dollars in clad! :congrats: If you find my $100 bill let me know will ya? |:cheering:

I concur... And, I don't have to clean coins and change it in at my back.

del
07-30-2012, 08:48 PM
hey Thiltzy , the beach is a nice change of scenery compared to the woods |:cheering: |:cheering: and theres nothing quite like picking up money when it floats by ya lol lol

Thiltzy
07-30-2012, 09:07 PM
hey Thiltzy , the beach is a nice change of scenery compared to the woods |:cheering: |:cheering: and theres nothing quite like picking up money when it floats by ya lol lol

For sure... it's nice to be in waist deep water while detecting with my sand shark, especially on hot days. The only draw back is that so many people ask me what I'm finding and on Saturday, this little kid kept following me in the water. He was grabbing my equipment and trying to look in my pouch! :hairpulling: All of this was happening while his mother was watching and not saying a word to him so i told her she should teach her kid some manners :behave:

Fire Fighter 43
08-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Congrats on getting the GOLD, WTG |:cheering:

CODY
08-02-2012, 03:28 AM
Very nice, Congrats!

PL8MAN
09-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Sweet gold ! thumbsup01