PDA

View Full Version : #9 from the pits

RaZR
07-30-2012, 01:25 PM
This morning i headed back to the city i was born in and grew up in. They have a beautiful water park just down the road from where i used to live. Back then it was a gravel pit area. lol
As a kid my buddy and i would cross a four lane street go through a large field (which is now a car dealership) cross several railroad tracks (either ducking under or climbing through the trains at times) then crossing a log over the creek to get back there. :yes:
Now i got there early so i could get in before they were collecting entrance fees.
And before people showed up to use the beach. So first thing i hit is the sand. I found a soup spoon and a pulltab! >:#
So i decided to hit the grassy hill that leads down to the beach. I started hitting quarters all over the hill. Many times spills of coins including quarters. One hole got me two quarters and a small horse ring that is .925. Sterling ring #9 for the year. :happydance01:
Then a park employee comes over and tells me they don't allow detecting except in the sand area. I said O.K. and asked if i could dig the quarter i just pinpointed before i quit. He let me get that one. As i was going a woman with three kids was putting down a blanket on the hill and was telling her kids what i was doing. I said that i WAS detecting coins. But that i had to stop. She said as long as i didn't have a shovel and was leaving a mess she didn't see why they would have a problem. Anyhow, the sand area is probably 80% sand and 20% goose crap so nobody is gonna spend time playing there. Glad i got $8.87, ring and hotwheel car outta the hill before i got busted. After that i hit my old high school and got $1.76 there. A 100gm brass weight.

Here's pics.............

aloldstuff
07-30-2012, 01:30 PM
Nice ring, huge clad count and rules are rules. :congrats:

JTGOLD
07-30-2012, 01:34 PM
nice ring and good clad count,wtg.

starman2
07-30-2012, 09:07 PM
:perfect10:! Great Finds RaZR! I like the scale weight! Nice Ring! Doesn't it kind of urk you. When you know you're covering your plug holes good? And they kick you off anyway. Sometimes I turn around,. And I can't see where I've been diggin. But you did the right thing! :congrats:!

jkress
07-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Nice digs and great ring RaZR. :clapping: A nice one for your collection.
Sounds like the area is quite different from when you and your buddies stomped around. crying01

leslie(nova scotia)
07-30-2012, 11:14 PM
From the land of the Bluenose....nice to hear that we are notthe only ones effected by the Canuck green grease. Nice scoff on th horse ring. If you like i could send you all of our Canada Geese your way! <;)

CODY
08-01-2012, 03:32 AM
Nice finds, congrats!