PDA

View Full Version : Ring Return and a sprinkle of Karma

Relic Whisperer
07-31-2012, 07:57 AM
I was trolling the lost and found section of Craigslist yesterday and came across a lady's post of a lost mens wedding band near my area. Her husband had lost it in the surf on Saturday and it belonged to her late father that passed away unexpectidly a few years ago. It is her last remaining personal item of his. So a few emails back and forth to nail down some details on a possible location (she lived 2.5 hours away) and off I went. When I got to the beach I realized just how many of us craigslist trollers there are. The beach had 5 or 6 hunters in the water which even for the gulf coast of Florida was over the top. However, these guys did not contact her on the details and frankly were looking exactly where I would have (based on her post) if I had not got more details. I was litterally walking out of the water on my last pass to quit for the day when B I N G O. I found the ring. Next along came Karma who lead me to the second ring pictured. Both are 14K. Yay Baby!! Contacting her this moring to see how she wants too meet up.

aloldstuff
07-31-2012, 08:13 AM
Love reading stories like this. Good for you on getting the extra details. One ring for her and one ring for you, very nice. Please keep us updated on the return. I am sure that you will make her very happy.

Thiltzy
07-31-2012, 08:42 AM
:cheering: awsome,just awsome....good for y :perfect10:ou.

JH
07-31-2012, 12:01 PM
Good story and a great example for the yougin's to follow... :perfect10: I hope I get the chance someday to return something with as much sentimental value as you did here. :angelic: Let us know what she says... :happy:

del
07-31-2012, 01:56 PM
:congrats: Stan i hope you get some pictures of you returning it and the happy moment when she see's it returned. it will make for a nice story . |:cheering: |:cheering:

Relic Whisperer
07-31-2012, 02:21 PM
:congrats: Stan i hope you get some pictures of you returning it and the happy moment when she see's it returned. it will make for a nice story . |:cheering: |:cheering:

I talked to the lady today. She lives in Orlando and can't get here so I over nighted it to her with a note and one of my random act of kindness cards. She said she plans on writing a whole story about the experience and sending me pictures. She was very emotional about getting the ring back. I see I forgot to include the card pic the first time so i added it here. I give this out to all returns in hopes they will pass on goodwill,

midas
08-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I commend you on doing the RIGHT THING. Those other hunters are what gives detectorists a bad name. They were there for one reason - GREED. No intention of every returning what wasn't theirs to keep - Theft of Lost Property Law.
Again KUDOS to you.

Fire Fighter 43
08-01-2012, 03:22 PM
:congrats: On a great find and for returning it, WTG |:cheering:

CODY
08-02-2012, 03:32 AM
Great story. Great finds, congrats!

Celluforce
08-04-2012, 08:34 PM
Nice story and good example to follow!

Daniel <;)