PDA

View Full Version : 9 Rings and other things...

Diggin-it
08-01-2012, 02:30 PM
These are all water finds, stayed clear of land the last 2 days.

Monday I hit the big lake, it was a beautiful day and the water was not like glass but very close. I was running my trusty AT-Pro with the standard coil. I ended up having my best silver ring count day yet. Monday I ended up with 3 silver rings and 1 titanium ring. Also got a toe and belly ring and some change.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/modmaster4g/DSC02241.jpg

Tuesday the big lake was very, very angry. A nasty storm rolled in very early morning and had everything churning, so decided to seek out an inland lake. Got out my lake map book, picked one I have never been to and off I flew. I had to drive around the lake in search of a swimming area and ended up finding a small one. I grabbed my AT-Pro and hit the water. HOLY Crawfish!! 10 feet into the water and I'm hearing nothing but constant Iron tones, this is one SUPER trashy area. I head back to the treasure wagon and switch to the 5X8&quot:grin:cheesysmile: (only the second time I used it). Thank goodness for that coil !! The iron was insane, even out to neck deep the detector was constantly grunting. I always run PRO/ZERO. Well I slowed my swing to a snails pace and listened very hard for momentary good tones among the iron field. I ended up pulling a decent about of clad, 1 silver ring, 2 junk rings, and some misc other charms. Notice all the nickels...the 5X8&quot:grin:cheesysmile: is HOT on nickels!!!! I am convinced by the clad count and the grungy condition of the coins that noone has hunted this area in awhile...and I see why. It was worse then the worst park I have ever detected in! About every third scoop along with the good target I would have a rusty fishing hook. I was horrified that people actually swim there. I will be going back!! I have no doubt the iron field is hiding more goodies. Might even end up trying out the Super Sniper coil after I have beat it up with the 5X8&quot:grin:cheesysmile:.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/modmaster4g/DSC02243.jpg

After about 2 hours I had enough, the constant iron grunting had the old ears worn out. As I was leaving I run into a guy and talked for a moment. I asked him if this was the only swimming area on the lake and he said no and gave me directions to another area. So off I headed to the next swimming area. I was pleasantly suprised to find this area much, much cleaner. But the targets were much, much fewer. I would say people do detect this area occationally. Anyways about an hour and a half there and I have another Silver ring, a junk ring, a pocket knife, and some more clad. I called it a day, pretty tired.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/modmaster4g/DSC02245.jpg

I cleaned up the 5 silver rings...here is the best of the 2 days water hunting.

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m611/modmaster4g/DSC02240.jpg

I know its only silver, but we just don't have the gold up here in the North like the Southern guys do. I love the AT-Pro, and am convinced that no other detector, beside possibly the XP Deus (in a waterproof case) would have worked at the first swimming hole.

HH

del
08-01-2012, 02:39 PM
wow those are great looking rings :smitten: :smitten: Diggin-it you did very very well |:cheering: |:cheering:

Fire Fighter 43
08-01-2012, 03:21 PM
:wow: Very nice hunt, congrats on some great finds. WTG |:cheering:

jkress
08-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Very impressive!! :shocked04: Awesome collection of rings. :clapping:

CODY
08-02-2012, 03:27 AM
Sweet finds! Congrats

Epi-hunter
08-07-2012, 06:06 PM
Hey, the words only and silver don't belong in the same sentence thumbsup01 Beautiful rings! :perfect10:

PL8MAN
08-13-2012, 06:40 PM
Great finds ! thumbsup01

aloldstuff
08-14-2012, 07:08 AM
I agree with epi-hunter about only and silver. Those are some very nice looking rings :perfect10:

carl2112
08-23-2012, 08:30 PM
can i see a better close up pic of the titanium ring i found one that looks simillar is there a mark or something inside the band saying its titanuim ? because mines blank