PDA

View Full Version : Bad day for coinnut

coinnut
11-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Came home from work today to some bad news. New instantly from the look on my wife's face that she had really bad news. I thought our beloved cat died :( But it was far worse than that, I good friend of mine since high school had a massive heart attack and died this morning. He was 48. If that doesn't wake you up nothing will. I was devistated. Just saw him a couple of weeks ago playing in a Pink Floyd tribute band called Liquid Floyd. Still can't believe it. It really makes one cherish life, as it is so fragile. Just thought I'd put this out there so when you are having a bad day, you realise how special every moment really is. I am working to help his wife as soon as the dust clears. They had no life insurance. Please send thoughts and prayers out to her. My thanks.

OkieDigger
11-01-2009, 07:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope the best for his family.

Snowy
11-01-2009, 08:15 PM
So sorry to hear that, coinnut.
You're so right.. life is very fragile.
Thoughts and prayers go out to your family and theirs.

angellionel
11-01-2009, 08:17 PM
It is such moments that make us take a step back and appreciate life, and realize just how precious it is. Facing such events is never easy, but true friends can help ease the pain. I sincerely extend my condolences to his wife, and to you as their friend.

Islandhunter
11-01-2009, 08:35 PM
Sorry to hear your sad news...I had one of those a little over 5 yeras ago...got a phone call from my best friends sister...he dropped dead at 43, blood clot. I named my son after him...so know how you feel. And it does make you realize how short and precious life can be and to re-emphasize that we should not take anything for granted.

bmattioli
11-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Man that's terrible, Stay strong my friend.. Thoughts and Prayers here too..

Bruce

del
11-01-2009, 09:18 PM
i'm very sorry to hear about your friend George , and send our family's deepest condolences and prayers for his family.

Dan

Bentfork
11-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss.

Gary

Dave
11-01-2009, 11:53 PM
I'm truly sorry to about the loss of your long time friend, George. My thoughts and prayers are with you and his family.

Lowjiber
11-02-2009, 07:59 AM
I'm sorry for your loss and truly understand. I lost my best friend, Sparky, at 42...similar circumstances.

I celebrate his life every year by eating his favorite food, candied yams (which I hate), on Thanksgiving. It may seem stupid, but it keeps him alive in my mind and heart. When I take the first bite, I raise the fork and say This is for you, Spark.

Do something similar and you'll not regret it.

Epi-hunter
11-02-2009, 09:04 AM
I am terribly sorry for the loss of your friend. You're right... if that isn't a wake up call, nothing is. We need to enjoy every moment because it can all be gone in the blink of an eye.

You are a good friend, and his wife is lucky to have your support. You will be in my thoughts.

MNDigger
11-02-2009, 09:53 AM
I am very sorry to hear about your loss George! You and his family will definately be in our prayers. In my line of work I have seen a lot of similar circumstances and I feel very sorry for the families. I had one a couple weeks ago that really got to me because of the young children that were left without a father. :( Life is short and cannot be taken for granted!

hoser
11-02-2009, 11:53 AM
Thats a tradgety and I'm really sorry for the loss of a husband and a friend. Without insurance it will be that much harder. Thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and to you as well.

marchas45
11-02-2009, 06:54 PM
I am so sad to hear about your friend dying at so young of an age, yes it does make me feel grateful for every day that I have ahead of me that's why I treat every day that I have as my last and enjoy it.
I am also so glad that you are willing to help your friend’s wife, that's what special friends do.
My prayers are with you and your friend’s family.

coinnut
11-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Thanks everyone for your kind words and prayers. I will pass this on to his wife Lori this Thursday at the ceremony. Thank's again for you understanding. I will be a little scarce here until I heal.