PDA

View Full Version : Permission to hunt 1803 Home stead results in seated silver, injuns, relics

Thiltzy
08-04-2012, 10:20 PM
I just received permission to hunt virgin property on an 1803 home stead. I took my hunting partner John with me... it's always alot more fun hunting with a friend and I can tell you, we had a blast.

The homeowner was very friendly and immediately gave us a tour of the property as soon as we arrived. He gave us alot information on the 10 1/2 acres which included the original home built in 1803 and the addition added onto it in 1856. He also showed us were the original barn was that still had parts of it's walls and a complete well. There were also some foundations in the woods that we are going to have to hunt in the fall.[attach=1][attach=2][attach=4]

With so much ground to cover, we decided to concentrate around the main house today. My second target of the day turned out to be an 1883 Indian Head[attach=5]... a good sign and start.
after alot of neat relics I got a solid coin signal pin pointing at 5-6 and it turned out to be a ruff looking 1878 Seated Dime
[attach=6]

My friend John was digging lots of targets and got a few more keepers than myself as I spent alot of time talking with the home owner...He really enjoyed talking with me about the History of his property. I could tell he was very proud of it. I was itching to hunt more but I didn't mind talking with him considering that we have open invite to hunt any time.

In the end, we had a blast good amount of coins and relics were found and I was hoping that maybe I could get a little help with identifying an 1863 coin that looks to be Candadian, a holed token or tag of some sorts and a large button of some sort that has a floral design and full shank in tact. I will post a part II topic for the rest of the pics. Thanks for looking...

CODY
08-04-2012, 10:27 PM
Very nice finds. Can't wait to see what else this property has to offer. Congrats!

Celluforce
08-04-2012, 10:48 PM
Nice finds Thiltzy! :cool:

Daniel [attachimg=1]

wild willy
08-05-2012, 04:24 AM
looks like your going to have some very nice hunting. :happy: willy

POKIE73
08-05-2012, 06:20 AM
congrats on all your finds looks like you have a place to go and it will keep you busy looks like a lot of potential finds just waiting for you to save them good luck dennis

Fire Fighter 43
08-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Congrats on securing a great place to hunt and some nice finds, WTG |:cheering:

aloldstuff
08-05-2012, 01:21 PM
You have landed dream site, WTG. Huge :congrats: on the keepers, seated, IH's and some nice crotal bells. Keep us posted on the future hunts |:cheering:

Tony Two-Cent
08-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Wow, what a wonderful place to hunt! Very cool that you have an open invitation to hunt it any time!

I especially love the semi-key 1870 Indian Head! :loveit:

Lots of other neat finds too, including the seated dime! :happydance01:

:perfect10:

del
08-05-2012, 03:34 PM
congrats on some fine coins and relics Thiltzy , your mystery copper looks like its either a counterfiet or just a copper version of lesser denomination but it could have been a gold gilted fake of this one . its a Spanish coin of Isabell II maybe from the Phillappines or minted for the islands. interesting find |:cheering:

Dan

jkress
08-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Wow!! :drool: Looks like an exciting site to hunt. :clapping: Great bunch of keepers Thiltzy.
I can't imagine searching a place with such history.

Congrats on the Seated and IH's. The mystery coin is interesting. Great ID Dan.

This is gong to be a fun ride. :->

starman2
08-05-2012, 05:00 PM
:perfect10:! :congrats: on all the cool finds! And the Seated! You're going to have a ball at this place! WTG!

Thiltzy
08-05-2012, 06:05 PM
congrats on some fine coins and relics Thiltzy , your mystery copper looks like its either a counterfiet or just a copper version of lesser denomination but it could have been a gold gilted fake of this one . its a Spanish coin of Isabell II maybe from the Phillappines or minted for the islands. interesting find |:cheering:

Dan

Thanks for all the comments. Dan you, the first thing we said to one another when we took the coin out of the ground, was that it seemed to have a gold coloring gilting :interesting:. You may be spot on Dan with that. Thanks alot for the ID. Any thoughts on the following:

del
08-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Thiltzy , the first item looks like an old tool check tag or label tag maybe for a mill or some type of shop with machinery as it looks like it says no. 22 spring on the one side .the other is a nice repousse type button , its kinda hard to see what exactly in in the middle of the design .

Dan

Thiltzy
08-05-2012, 07:15 PM
Thiltzy , the first item looks like an old tool check tag or label tag maybe for a mill or some type of shop with machinery as it looks like it says no. 22 spring on the one side .the other is a nice repousse type button , its kinda hard to see what exactly in in the middle of the design .

Dan

Thanks Dan...you should start charging a fee for all your ID help :grin:

milco
08-05-2012, 09:29 PM
Congrats on permission for a site like that and the finds are awesome!

brianb3006
08-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!! :congrats:

JTGOLD
08-12-2012, 10:04 PM
very good hunt and nice finds,wtg.

tanacat
08-13-2012, 07:58 AM
:perfect10:

Wow you sure found a nice site :yes: Congrats on your finds!