PDA

View Full Version : 1st Colonial Bonanza for 2010 *Videos Included*

KirkPA
03-24-2010, 04:58 PM
KKC got out on Sunday to a new site that Kyle has been talking about for sometime. I remember he mentioned it last year in November, but we just didn't get around to hitting it until now. I sure am glad to hit it this year though. 2010 is already off to a great start!

Once we got in the field, we noticed thousands of pottery sherds, brick, and clam shells. We immediately started getting excited. The iron patch was extensive as well and we could tell it is hiding many targets.

I got the 1st copper for the day. This one did not pinpoint well due to the iron. It turned out to be a Connecticut copper. The letters L I are evident on the reverse of the coin.

My 2nd copper was an iffy hit and after taking a square nail out of the hole, the signal jumped to &quot:grin:ime. I was thinking, Sweet! As you can see on the video, it turned out to be a good one (1807 Draped Bust half cent).

The Bonanza was starting to happen for KKC. The coppers started to flow in after my 2nd copper. My 3rd copper was an exciting find nonetheless. It is a King George II that looks to have been cut intentionally or chopped by the plow. I am guessing in the 1700s, someone at this site needed small change and decided to cut it.

The day ended with another Connecticut copper, but this one was in better condition. We were once again spastic with passion. I ended the day with 4 coppers and 4 buttons (1:1 button to copper ratio). LOL

KKC hit the lottery on this site! Since there is so much iron and the coppers are popping up in areas we have already hit, we are going to slow down this week and pluck out some more. Kyle's research is quite interesting on this site and we know there was a lot of occupation on it back in the late-1700s to the early-1800s. We got 10 coppers out of this field on Sunday. Kyle got 5 of them and my uncle got 1. There was 1 Connecticut copper, Draped Bust large cent, 2 Coronets, 1810 Classic Head half cent, and a King George III copper dug by them.

Keep the passion high!

Kirk

P.S. The 1795 2-Reales was dug on March 20th (different site) and the coppers on the 21st. I had a great weekend for sure!

March Colonial Bonanza (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEclCLZTEAU#)
Spanish Silver (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKXx6GUDJ88#)

coinnut
03-24-2010, 05:08 PM
I just don't think you guys are passionate enough rofl :poke: :poke: What a great site you guys have. thumbsup01 I bet that field will be loaded with tons more. If the iron is all over the place then so are them coppers. Great video and great finds. 2010 has finally started for you. Sweet hunt :yes:

sniffy
03-24-2010, 05:14 PM
simply marvelous

HEAVYMETALNUT
03-24-2010, 06:05 PM
i'll say ya had a great hunt! man i thought i got excited holy crap!what a awesome field of dreams that place is! thumbsup01

del
03-24-2010, 07:23 PM
wow :shocked04: :shocked04: what a great day and look at all the room to swing that coil :yes: :yes: , you'll be there for awhile pulling coins .
great videos thumbsup01 , really felt like i was there with you guys and sharing in the fun . congrats on the excellent day out and
hope the success continues to you three , i'll be looking toward your next video saga , thanks .

Dan

Epi-hunter
03-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Those are beautiful coins!!! It would make my year to find just one of those!!! Congratulations!

randy
03-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Yes, very nice, keep pounding that site til it stops givin' up the goods.

Cheap Thrills
03-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Man , that is some spot . You guys are really kicking it there . I expect you guys will be posting some great finds for quite awhile from that spot . Nice going !! thumbsup01 thumbsup01

John M
03-25-2010, 04:59 AM
Well I can see that you guys are off to another sub par start to the season.Just kidding but you just got to love days like that.

KirkPA
03-25-2010, 12:15 PM
wow :shocked04: :shocked04: what a great day and look at all the room to swing that coil :yes: :yes: , you'll be there for awhile pulling coins .
great videos thumbsup01 , really felt like i was there with you guys and sharing in the fun . congrats on the excellent day out and
hope the success continues to you three , i'll be looking toward your next video saga , thanks .

Dan

Thanks, Del, I believe that this site should give up many more coppers. There is a lot of ground still left to cover. We are just hitting the iron patch now. Thanks for viewing, my friend!

Keep the passion high!

Kirk