PDA

View Full Version : The Bridge removal

Cheap Thrills
08-06-2012, 05:09 PM
A few blocks away from my house there WAS a small Iron bridge that crossed a 4 lane boulevard to what used to be one of the city owned elementary schools which opened in the 1950's . Due to declining enrollment the school was closed down a few years back and now is two privately owned schools with very expensive tuitions . The bridge was deemed unsafe awhile back and very recently tore down .The concrete bases on both sides of the road were taken out and in the process a bit of dirt was scraped and moved . I did 5 evening hunts in which I put in approximately 8.5 hrs. toatal time into . Four different detectors were used along with several different coil combinations .A 1957 Wheatie ,a few clad coins , a broken pocket knife and a few other junk items were found along with the 2 silver Rosies and the Boy Scout medallion pictured here . I can't even get a signal there now . On the last evening I even went over the areas with a rake to flatten out the dirt better and tweak out a few more signals but none were to be had . All the finds pictured were scored on different evenings . I will be keeping my eye on that location as they are going to have to level it out a little better before they do any replanting there .

milco
08-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Way to sieze the opportunity and congrats on the silver!

buck57
08-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Great determination there Cheap Thrills. thumbsup01. I'd be watching for the dirt levelers as well. :shocked03:. You hunted it this hard, might as well continue on the home stretch. You never know. ;)

Tony Two-Cent
08-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Nice finds! I like the Cub Scout medallion. I probably said that Scout Promise a few hundred times when I was a youngster.

buck57
08-06-2012, 08:45 PM
Nice finds! I like the Cub Scout medallion. I probably said that Scout Promise a few hundred times when I was a youngster.

You and me both Tony thumbsup01

CODY
08-07-2012, 03:42 AM
Sweet, love the CSA pin. Brings back lots of memeries.

aloldstuff
08-07-2012, 09:33 AM
The cub scout medallion looks cool, ah yes the pledge...... :congrats: on the rosies and the wheat. Keep your eye on this place, more may come your way.

leslie(nova scotia)
08-07-2012, 01:05 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....neat scout artifact me bouy.....silvers not too shabby either! <;)

starman2
08-07-2012, 02:17 PM
:congrats: on the Rosies!! I also found one of those medalions. Cool Finds!! WTG!

Fire Fighter 43
08-08-2012, 05:55 PM
Congrats on the silver, these out thing is cool, WTG