PDA

View Full Version : Hunts With Good Friends...Silver, Indians Old Nickels!

Bell-Two
08-06-2012, 06:06 PM
Got out for a couple of hunts recently one on Saturday with Doug and Malachi and today with Goes4ever and Starky. Saturday Doug and I went back to an old park that has been good to us and I got the only keeper a 1949-D Rosey. The rains kept coming hit and miss and when it got harder we packed up to check out a potential new site. When we got there it looked very promising and since the rain stopped we decided to try it out, we only had about a ½ hour to hunt before we had to leave. Doug wasted no time first signal first hole a 1903 Indian Head. We jumped around a bit to test different areas then it started to sprinkle so we headed home but we are sure to come back and try it again. Today Diane and I met up with Goes4ever and Starky for a small group hunt. Terry and Eric both did well I will let them post their finds. Diane and I started out slow my first good coin was a 1916 wheat, later I followed it up with a 1930 wheat, about 20 minutes later I was on the board with a 1903 Indian Head. Moving around a bit to try some other areas we headed back to the first area and that paid off. Diane dug a 1912 V nickel a first for her. Awhile later I dug a 1920 Buffalo and followed that up with a super crusty wheat that severe cleaning exposed the 1912 on it. Diane dug up a beautiful Sterling Silver Victorian Lady pin, very nice! We stayed awhile longer but my energy was running out so we left. We had a great time as usual with Terry and it was a very nice to meet Eric and look forward to hunting with him too again in the future.

Hunting With Bell-Two #95 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wLV83q9Dew#ws)

buck57
08-06-2012, 06:58 PM
Nice hunt there Bell-Two. thumbsup01. I'm waiting for my first Indian head. :rolleyes:. Great job Diane on the silver pin. :congrats:

Tony Two-Cent
08-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Great post and nice finds, Tony! That's a sharp looking Buffalo Nickel. Diane's V Nickel looks terrific too, and it looks like it has the &quot:grin: mint mark. Not a common find.

:congrats:

milco
08-06-2012, 09:00 PM
Those are some great finds, congrats!

Bell-Two
08-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Great post and nice finds, Tony! That's a sharp looking Buffalo Nickel. Diane's V Nickel looks terrific too, and it looks like it has the &quot:grin: mint mark. Not a common find.

:congrats:

You are right, I forgot the 1912 can have a mint mark, it indeed is the D...now an S would be even better!

CODY
08-07-2012, 03:38 AM
Very, very nice finds. Love the V Nic. Still one on my wish list!

aloldstuff
08-07-2012, 09:35 AM
Great looking buff and V. The sterling pin is a real looker. :congrats: on some great hunting

starman2
08-07-2012, 02:21 PM
:perfect10:! :congrats: on the silver, and sterling pin! Very cool! How the heck did you get those Nickles so clean?? Sonds like a very promising spot! Good Luck! :groovy:

Bell-Two
08-07-2012, 04:01 PM
:perfect10:! :congrats: on the silver, and sterling pin! Very cool! How the heck did you get those Nickles so clean?? Sonds like a very promising spot! Good Luck! :groovy:

A trick I learned from Goes4ever, scrub them good with a SOS pad, wash and dry and then use a bit of parrafin wax rubbed in with your fingers. Now any rare nickel or key date you must judge before doing this. Using this method I have been able to ascertain dates on what looked like they would be ND Buffalos. Check his website for more cleaning tips.

Fire Fighter 43
08-08-2012, 05:50 PM
Very nice WTG |:cheering: