PDA

View Full Version : Nifty Relics

z118
08-06-2012, 07:01 PM
Still not too much detecting lately... work is all consuming and the new home has a long to do list. \:[

I did get in two short hunts recently though, once last night and then again tonight. Both evenings I hit a local wooded spot. I was hopeful that I would extend the silver streak at this spot but no such luck - the only old coin I landed was a '29 wheat. I did score some nifty relics though - a cool old Yale lock, a piece of a lantern (still spins!), a Boy Scout knife, a neat eagle that for a few seconds looked like silver (I threw that pair of undies away), and quite a few nice large scrap pieces of copper (not pictured).

I've always said about detecting - Finds beget finds. I'm learning that not getting out to detect and as such not making finds certainly leaves me less inspired to get out hunting at all.

Anyway... it was good to get out.

Happy hunting to all.

Tony Two-Cent
08-06-2012, 08:34 PM
I threw that pair of undies away. http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/dubbl-t/TMI-2.jpg

lol

Interesting finds! That lantern part must be old. Very cool! thumbsup01

z118
08-06-2012, 08:43 PM
http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/dubbl-t/TMI-2.jpg

lol

Sorry! lol And I can't believe I spelled threw that way! 8/

Ill Digger
08-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Still not too much detecting lately... work is all consuming....
...I'm learning that not getting out to detect and as such not making finds certainly leaves me less inspired to get out hunting at all.
I hear ya Z \:[ :( I too haven't got out much due to work and other obligations. And even this weekend I normally would've taken my detector with us on our trip. We were about a hour and a half from home and I said Man. I should've brought my detector along. 8/ crying01
But it's good to see you were able to get out and make a few nice finds. thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:
Hopefully we'll get a little more free-time here soon to find some of the good stuff thumbsup01
I found a big scout knife like that last summer. I had it sitting on the counter next to the sink after rinsing it off, drying out. I came back a little while later and had about 50 little red ants all over the kitchen counter! :shocked04: 8/ Mama was like :beatdown: Get this stuff out of here! :bop: lol
Oops :embarrassed: lol

CODY
08-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Nice finds, congrats!

dalewestaby
08-07-2012, 04:48 AM
Nice carosine topper

aloldstuff
08-07-2012, 09:30 AM
The cubscout knife looks to be in pretty good shape. Congrats on the wheat but sorry about the tidy whities

starman2
08-07-2012, 02:27 PM
|:cheering:! Bunch of cool finds! I like the cub scout knife! Not getting out, makes me want to get out. And not making any mentionable finds. Makes me want to find happier hunting grounds! It will get better. Patience is the key! Don't give up :white:usaflag::! WTG!!

bob_e99
08-08-2012, 12:02 PM
Too bad about not finding silver. That spot is awesome! Some nice 'stuff' though and your worst day is still far and above better than my good days have been for the past 3 or 4 months.

And glad to see you're starting to get out again.

Continued good hunting.

Fire Fighter 43
08-08-2012, 05:49 PM
It sucks when work gets in the way of having fun, LOL Oh Well! By the way nice finds. I love the knife, WTG |:cheering:

brianb3006
08-12-2012, 05:27 PM
Very Nice, Congrats!!! :congrats: