PDA

View Full Version : Broken Greek amphora, or hunting for ceramics.

serega
08-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Hi friends. :yes:
I found far from home is a good place. There's a lot of ground ceramics. On top of nothing, but it's worth digging a lot and everywhere broken pitchers.
It is in the photo, I put together for 2 hours. In spare a square meter. But the pottery found in the area of 300 m (depth of 2 to 30 inches). I think there you can find parts for gluing more than 100 pitchers.
In the winter menyamnogo free time and I could collect it.
Hopefully I'll find out there and the whole jugs,,,,,
On the 3rd photo you can see a brand-Greek masters, which matured made ​​one of these amphorae.
Tomorrow I'll be back there in the evening and I'll dig another batch of pieces of jugs. If you want I can do tomorrow, and you will see pictures as I get them out of the land .... :goodnight:

serega
08-07-2012, 02:43 PM
Это на фото 3 или 4 век до нашей эры :shocked04:verreaction:

aloldstuff
08-08-2012, 07:58 AM
That sure is a lot of pottery, hope you can find a whole one or two

serega
08-08-2012, 03:04 PM
it is dig today

serega
08-08-2012, 03:15 PM
photo 1 it is be horse >:tongue: 3 - 4 century ВС

Fire Fighter 43
08-08-2012, 05:44 PM
Nice find, WTG |:cheering:

starman2
08-09-2012, 11:29 AM
:perfect10:! First a Metal Detector. Now your an Arceologist! You live in a very interesting Country. All we got are arrow heads. :congrats: on some cool finds! Who's bones are those? lol WTG Serega! Nice Photo's! |:cheering:

serega
08-09-2012, 01:29 PM
:perfect10:! First a Metal Detector. Now your an Arceologist! You live in a very interesting Country. All we got are arrow heads. :congrats: on some cool finds! Who's bones are those? lol WTG Serega! Nice Photo's! |:cheering:

Thank you :yes:
These bones belonged to a horse. I found it here previously part of the skull, I think she is dead and then buried the Greeks.
I think this place is an old trash. Just before then, I found three of Greek coins, and some bronze arrows
Now I just collect the broken pots in the winter I'll be glued to. Coins and arrows there still should be. I think to be a little, and they are deep. All that was at the top I was digging through the detector ace 250 and T2
Now I do not dig a few days. I'm busy selling some of my coins ( $$ :clapping: ). When I start digging again - I'll give you more photos from other places.

jkress
08-09-2012, 11:37 PM
Interesting pieces Serega. :yes: You are very fortunate to be hunting in such historic ground. :daydream:

I always look forward to your hunts/posts. :-> If only the pieces you found could talk. :smitten:

Epi-hunter
08-09-2012, 11:48 PM
I agree - those are some incredible finds. I can't even begin to imagine finding anything that old! Thank you for sharing :perfect10:

CODY
08-10-2012, 03:27 AM
Yep, almost as old as I am. What a jig saw. Good luck on gluing some pieces back together.