PDA

View Full Version : Last Three Hunts.......A couple decent finds

SafariScott
08-07-2012, 08:09 PM
Got out Sunday afternoon with Merc to a spot that had yielded multiple silvers before and a few LC's thought there'd be a few more goodies kicking around and I managed to snag the 1911 V nickel which was my only good item for the few hours out. Got out Monday AM with BKM and OxShoeDrew back to the same spot. It's a big area to cover between walls and foundations did manage part of a spoon and a tag as well as a Buffalo. We were working back to the car to change locations and I got a solid 33 on the Safari cut the plug and out popped a V nickel 1912. (I was excited since I knew the nickle usually shows up as a 12-14 on the Safari so I knew something else around the same age must have been in the hole) I called BKM over and told him this was going to be something good and then we saw the big silver edge which turned out to be a nice shape 1915 Barber Half (my 97th Silver of the year).

Got out this am and hit the beach for a bit and pulled the small 10K ring. I was on my way home to nap and Drew called and wanted to head out. I told him I had a spot where there should be a cellar hole I hadnt checked out yet. We worked around for a bit and couldnt find the hole. There were walls and pens everywhere and what appeared to be a couple colonial roads. I was getting alot of nice coin signals which all turned to be more modern bullets. I got another signal similar to the bullets about an inch or two down and out popped a copper disc 1807 Bust LC. (26.5 coppers for the year now) We worked around for a little longer and decided it was a place we definately have to get back to. Thanks for looking and Happy Hunting.

Tony Two-Cent
08-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Oh man, those are some sweet finds! I love the Barber Half and the 1807 Large Cent! Nice V Nickel and Buffalo too! And some gold icing on the cake!

:happy:

BKM
08-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Scott had just finished saying I pulled a bunch of silver along here when he hit the Barber. It sounded like big silver and he called out to me and I ran over to see it come out of the ground. Trust me, the pic does not doe it justice, it's beautiful.

Congrats on a great couple of hunts!

OxShoeDrew
08-08-2012, 02:04 AM
Yeah, I agree with Brian, that Barber half is even more stunning than the picture. The draped is about the same lol. Nice site you found, can't wait to get back. Thanks!

CODY
08-08-2012, 06:44 AM
:wow: :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10: :wow: That Barber looks like it was dropped when new! GREAT looking coin. Awesome on the other finds also. :congrats:

aloldstuff
08-08-2012, 08:00 AM
I'mm dying to find an early LC, :congrats: onb yours. A Barber half is a great find and yours looks to be in great shape |:cheering:

Merc
08-08-2012, 04:10 PM
Scott your on a roll. Every time we go out I cant wait to see what your going to pull. The detector gods have been very nice to you. I think I'm going the other way >8) lmao

Fire Fighter 43
08-08-2012, 05:43 PM
Congrats on some great finds, WTG |:cheering:

Thiltzy
08-08-2012, 06:22 PM
:wow: Some super finds you got there. That Barber 1/2 is beautiful and so is the Draped. :clapping:

del
08-08-2012, 06:29 PM
great looking barber Scott |:cheering:

buck57
08-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Great hunt Scott. :congrats: Can't wait to find my first barber. Beautiful looking coin. :smitten:.

brianb3006
08-12-2012, 05:19 PM
Very Very Nice!!! :congrats: