PDA

View Full Version : Token, ring, and another compact

Beefcake
03-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Went over to a friends house that was built in 1910, which I've hunted 3 other times and pulled different tokens and an indian from. Hit it really slow with the e-trac tonight and found some stuff I missed. I got two wheaties, the oldest being a 1919, and the other a 1940. Then found this neat little token. It is the same on both sides and is marked with an S. It is slightly bigger than a penny. I then found what I think is another compact lid...seems to be a compact kind of a year so far... This says Princess on it...Any help with an ID would be cool... It's not deep enough for me to think it is a compact, but it's either that or a prophilactic case maybe? I then popped this ring out of the ground. It was a good 6 deep and I thought it was silver when I pulled it out because of the lack of tarnish, but there is no markings that I could see. My trash to coins ratio is getting very good now. I'm digging less targets, but getting to know when it is worth digging. Here's the pics...

angellionel
03-24-2010, 10:00 PM
Those are some very cool finds. The token sure is an interesting one. I hope you can find some information on it. You are getting into the swing with the machine now. thumbsup01

Beefcake
03-24-2010, 10:10 PM
It feels more comfortable every time I get out!

Beefcake
03-24-2010, 10:23 PM
found the compact... http://retroways.blogspot.com/2009/05/princess-pat-cosmetics.html

del
03-25-2010, 06:28 AM
thats a pretty cool looking token , Beef. evrything looks early 1900's , the compact case , possible old amusement token
and the ladies gawdy looking cocktail ring .very nice hunt

Epi-hunter
03-25-2010, 09:02 AM
Very nice finds, definitely old. Cool ring! Curious about the token too. You are doing well with the E-Trac :)

coinnut
03-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Yep, that E Trac is growing on you lol It pays to slow down. I bet if you hit that same stretch of land from a different direction and on a different day, you will still find more coins and artifacts there. That ring sure does look silver. Possibly a Mexican tourist ring from the turn of the century (1900's) Silver was not always marked, especially if it was made by a local craftsman back in the day. Looks like Turquoise in it? I'm glad you are getting good with your machine. Nothing worse than swinging any machine if you are not happy with it.

hoser
03-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Very cool finds my friend. I agree with coinnut on the ring. Either get a test kit or take it to a jeweler to be certin as to what it is. I gotta get going or you will smoke me good this year. :poke: :beatdown: lol Well done buddy. thumbsup01

ProPointer
03-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Neat token. Too bad the gem in the ring wasn't real. Nice little hunt thumbsup01

RickO
03-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Great finds Beefcake.... I guess you are starting to enjoy the Etrac.... HH RickO