PDA

View Full Version : Copper and my second silver thimble.

Merc
08-08-2012, 06:01 PM
I got out Sunday for a very humid day of hunting with SafariScott. We worked hard for about 3 hours and just at the end of the day I was able to hit this Mercury dime. Mercs are always a welcome site, but that was it for my Sunday hunt. Today OxShoeDrew and I were planning on heading to a site we had been to before but didn't get to spend much time at. As we were nearing our destination The Ox man got a call from 401k who offered us to come and hunt one of his colonial field sites. It was a welcomed invite and to be honest I wasn't into bushwacking in the woods today. With all the over growth its really hard work. As we started in on this beautiful place, ten minutes in I got the copper. It was 4 inches down and I'm pretty sure it's a King George, although i don't know what type. It's nearly toast but if you look close you can see an outline of the head. Finally, As I was walking over to 401k to run my machine over one of the signals he was checking I got a nice signal of my own. Cut the plug and low and behold a silver thimble showed up to say hello to me lol. I managed to bend it in the recovery but she's still a bute, and number two for me. Thanks for looking Thanks for the invite Scott. and HH everybody. Oh yea it's monogramed LMK :)

Fire Fighter 43
08-08-2012, 06:02 PM
Very nice hunt, WTG |:cheering:

SafariScott
08-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Nice job Brandon......looks like some writing on the base of the thimble any idea what it says. The way the head looks on the copper looks to be a KG III.......let me guess the oldest coin at the site no doubt.

08-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Was a nice couple hr hunt merc! The way you were finding things I thought you would find a honey hole or 2 floating by wearing bikinis! Had fun enjoyed your company and ....HH.... Scott ..... AWESOME FINDS!!!!

del
08-08-2012, 06:21 PM
congrats on the copper and thimble Brandon |:cheering: |:cheering:

buck57
08-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Nice couple of silvers Brandon. :congrats: If it is a King George, what date would you be looking at? Great job to ya. thumbsup01

OxShoeDrew
08-08-2012, 06:51 PM
It was a pleasant place to be....minus the snarly, fly infested bulls lol. Next time I'm going to bring a red cape and have some real fun! One of these days we're going to have a mutual copper day. Congrats man...good luck tomorrow.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-09-2012, 05:06 AM
nice thimble Brandon! |:cheering:

Merc
08-09-2012, 09:30 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind remarks. Your all :perfect10:'s in my book

CousinEddie
08-09-2012, 09:32 PM
Love that thimble!!!!

aloldstuff
08-10-2012, 06:55 AM
I've been dyuing to dig a silver thimble, :congrats: on yours. Nice recovery on the KG and merc

Ill Digger
08-10-2012, 06:43 PM
Great hunt with some good friends and some great finds! :perfect10:
You just can't ask for much more than that thumbsup01
Congrats! :grin:

Toadman
08-11-2012, 03:28 PM
I've been dyuing to dig a silver thimble, :congrats: on yours. Nice recovery on the KG and merc

....He stole what I was gonna say....... :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

08-11-2012, 04:22 PM
Brandon congrats on making the board with the thimble! It's kinda kool that two things from those fields made the roller. We'll have to try for more.