PDA

View Full Version : Gettin' ready in Mass

Scarecrow
08-08-2012, 08:00 PM
I've been lurking around for a while and have finally decided to get a detector!

I'm located in Mass and will be looking for parties who would consider a newbie.

If you have an upscale used detector for sale, please pm me with the details.

Thanks,
Scarecrow

del
08-08-2012, 08:34 PM
hello Scarecrow , what part of Mass. are ya in ?? we have a few members on the forum.
what type of detecting were you interested in beach huntin , coinshooting at parks and schools or relic and old coin searchin??

Dan

Scarecrow
08-08-2012, 09:54 PM
I'd be most interested in covering old farmland and fields for coins; beaches are appealing but only after the crowds are gone. I live in Metrowest but have always enjoyed the time I've spent in W. Mass. I love the hill towns and the fields along the valley. When I hunt my plans will be to make a day of it.

erkluc
03-20-2013, 10:43 PM
Hi there, I live in Shelburne Falls (western mass hilltown) and i've started hunting with my old white's detector, which doesn't seem to work as well as it used to when i bought it about 15 years ago. thinking up picking up a garrett. don't have a lot of experience but i get the feeling there are some nice places in the woods around here - old homesteads. i'm planning to hit the library and immerse myself in some 19th century maps, and talk to some of the local seniors, so i'll know where to go when the weather improves. would be happy to have a buddy - especially one with some general detecting experience as i could definitely benefit from a tip or two!

TundraDigger
08-17-2013, 02:26 PM
I'm in Winchester NH. So close to Northfield MA I can almost touch it. Always looking for extra detecting buddies. I currently use Ace 350 but would like to move up to AT Pro.

Jahn11
09-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Hello all
Im in western ma. Area try to hit anywhere I can when I can. If you guys are up for a hunt let me know drop me a pm.
Thanks hh