PDA

View Full Version : 30th Copper on the Year

OxShoeDrew
08-09-2012, 08:53 AM
If you count Chinese coins! :grin: I have been busy detecting and finding keepers but no single hunt has been very post-able.....a copper here, a copper there ;) These are this week's highlights. The Jefferson was a few weeks ago.
Included-
My 10th Ox knob on the year (starting to hate their seductive siren song lol)
2 of many tombacs
2nd 2 cent piece on the year (1865)
One of many musket balls
Thomas Jefferson Token, My favorite Pres
1816 Matron
Chinese Coin or Token, was in a super old colonial place, 6in :dontknow:

I hope you are all having fun this summer, Drew

aloldstuff
08-09-2012, 10:18 AM
That's a nice assortment of finds. Ox knobs do give off that wonderful sound. :congrats: on all those finds

starman2
08-09-2012, 11:14 AM
:congrats:! On some interesting finds! I think It's a chinese coin. Not token. WTG!!

Fire Fighter 43
08-09-2012, 01:40 PM
:congrats: On reaching # 30. Nice hunt |:cheering:

BKM
08-09-2012, 07:22 PM
Nice assortment Drew.

What type of location did the Chinese coin come from? I thought those would only be out west....

CODY
08-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Nice, Congrats!

SafariScott
08-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Nice assortment of finds Drew. Hopefully you can get a few more good ones before the summer comes to an end.

jkress
08-10-2012, 12:50 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Congrats Drew. thumbsup01 Gotta say my favorite is the 1816. :smitten: Such a nice one to pull from the ground.

OxShoeDrew
08-10-2012, 04:41 AM
Nice assortment Drew.

What type of location did the Chinese coin come from? I thought those would only be out west....

Brian, I read that there was a currency shortage in the colonies ...so they used whatever silver or copper they could get their hands on. I think this one is from 1730s to 1790s. Found near one of the first settlements in my area, 6 in deep, out in the wooded fields across the road from the hole.
Thanks everyone, Drew

del
08-10-2012, 10:20 AM
hey Drew congrats on the large cent and the chinese cash coin , love the designed tombac . been digging up oxknobs for about 12 years now and George and i still have a hard time telling them apart from a coin. :hairpulling: in fact George had a great target a about a month or two ago , he called me over and said listen to this . i went over it with the dfx and it screamed out coin :shocked04: at about 5 to 6 inches , i said wow thats a nice target :yes:. thats when he said go ahead you dig it you haven't had a copper in a while you can have it . i sturnly said nope \:hammer: any copper i get will be earned it will be much more sweeter :grin:, besides if i dig it up and its that higley copper .. well i would rather not see a grown man cry lol rofl so he dug it and sure enough it was an oxknob :hysterical: he swore at me for the next ten minutes , saying you knew that was an oxknob , how did you know i just laughed and said God has a great sense of humor sometimes. lol lol

hey congrats again Drew

Merc
08-10-2012, 12:07 PM
Drew a huge congrats on 30 coppers :congrats:. I haven't found a chinese cash coin yet, but yours sure looks sweet. I wonder what it actually says? Does anyone know? Your having a stellar year, keep those goodies coming!!! thumbsup01

del
08-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Drew heres a website that may help in dating that coin if you haven't already

http://www.calgarycoin.com/reference/china/china8.htm#images%20of%20titles

CousinEddie
08-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Great hunt!! Awesome saves!!! |:cheering:

OxShoeDrew
08-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Thanks all. Thanks for the link Dan, I'll check it out. Nice guy George to offer the target. You ever decide not to dig a fringe target only to show it to George and he dug it? or visa versa?

leslie(nova scotia)
08-10-2012, 06:51 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....thanks for psoting and letting us have a gander at your scoffs. Busy bouy. Keep on a digging youz! <;)