PDA

View Full Version : my last week finds 1 silver 1 gold

carl2112
08-09-2012, 02:51 PM
I found these two last week I feel a little bad about the 10K gold rind when I was getting out of my car I saw a guy across the parking lot getting ready to MD too so we started talking and he's new to the hobbie and hasn't found anything really good yet. But he gets out everyday on his lunch break well after are short chat I left him to his side of the park while I hit the other end. Neither of us found anything good so we both left. The next day I decided to go back and hit the same park again and about 15 feet from where he was last swinging I found the 10K ring. Sorry

Merc
08-10-2012, 06:54 PM
What a neat looking ring, :congrats:

firstring
08-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Congratulations on the rings recoveries. Gold is good. I continually to hunt an old park that has been hunted by many over the years. I've had great conversations with other detectorists there. Every time I go there, for some reason I still get that beeping noise from my detector. My ring count at this park stands at 13, some gold or silver. Last time there, no rings but a nice gold earring. My brother has been detecting far longer than I and he has yet to recover any gold jewelry. I feel for him, however he gets the same beeps I get. I would bank on the park you're hunting isn't finished giving up on it's buried goodies. Don't stop hunting it until there is no noise under your coil. Again, congratulations on those outstanding finds. Happy hunting.

Fire Fighter 43
08-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Very nice congrats on the GOLD, WTG |:cheering:

aloldstuff
08-11-2012, 11:09 AM
Some great finds there. It's a matter of who puts the coil over it first. Don't feel bad about getting the gold.

Cheap Thrills
08-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Congrats on the sweet gold ring !! |:cheering: I always feel a little bad for the person who lost an item but I have yet to feel bad about beating another detectorist to a good find , lol you are a better man than I Sir !! |:confused:) :beerbuddy:

starman2
08-11-2012, 12:21 PM
:perfect10:! Just like the olympic games. You came home with the Gold <:! Interesting silver ring also. :beerbuddy: to a great hunt!

CODY
08-12-2012, 03:31 AM
Nice finds, congrats!

POKIE73
08-12-2012, 05:27 AM
congrats on your finds dennis

Sal66
08-30-2012, 09:35 AM
:perfect10: Nice going, man ! That's the problem today. People hit sites and say It's all hunted out. How many of you have heard that. You don't know what machine they using. It could of been a $200 Bounty Hunter. Where you might have a White's DFX or Minelab. I actually like the challenge of those so called hunted sites. Don't get me wrong, a Virgin is always the best to hit ( Cellar holes people ! ) :embarrassed:
I've found some of my best finds at so called hunted out sites and trashy sites. Each coin values over $100 a piece. Yea, don't feel bad he just didn't hit the right spot. It happened to me several times while out with del. I detected in a corner of a wall and he came by and stepped just a little further in an found a Large Cent. I say good for him.
The best thing to do is Detect with say 1 to 2 inches on the ground in the woods cuz the soil underneath the leaves is still soft often. Look at your foot prints and you will be amazed at all the spots you missed. It's just the way it is.

dalewestaby
08-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Hey what did the ATpro read the gold ring at?

carl2112
08-30-2012, 06:46 PM
I dont remember ill bench test it when i get home. I: dig any good solid repeatable signal

carl2112
08-30-2012, 11:55 PM
Ok i tested the ring by setting it in the grass and the display jumped between 77 and 81

PL8MAN
08-31-2012, 06:48 PM
Sweet finds thumbsup01