PDA

View Full Version : Got My T2 LTD Back Today...IH, Wheatie, Clad....

CousinEddie
08-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Finally got my T2 LTD back from Teknectics today, YAY!!! It has been raining off an on today, so by the time it arrived I was ready for an evening hunt. Got out to hunt for about 90 mins before the rains came again. I decided to go to my inlaw's house to test how the T2 would work in a yard I know I have heavily picked from in the past. I went ot an area that hasn't produced anything in weeks. This is what I found in that SAME area 6-8 down. My other machines didn't get these coins. T2 LTD found them NO problem..:

Assorted memorial cents ranging 1959-1982
1942 Wheatie
1883 IH

The Wheatie and the IH were only a few inches away from each other, both were at 8 down. Gotta' tell ya'...this machine WORKS!! I didn't get any silver today and I can finally feel easy knowing it most likely wasn't in the spot I was working tonight.

Post a clean up pic of the IH later...:

Tony Two-Cent
08-09-2012, 08:40 PM
Glad you got your machine back! It appears to be working perfectly. Congrats on the finds!

CousinEddie
08-09-2012, 10:49 PM
IH cleaned up nicely...:

CODY
08-10-2012, 03:29 AM
IH looks nice. Glad you got your machine back.

OxShoeDrew
08-10-2012, 04:45 AM
Congrats, my nine month old T2 just came back from repairs as well as my partner's. They work well but they aren't tough :dontknow:

buck57
08-10-2012, 05:36 AM
Glad to hear you and your detector are reunited again :grouphug: Man, I realy love them indian heads :smitten: Can't wait to get my first. Congrats Cous....... thumbsup01

aloldstuff
08-10-2012, 06:53 AM
|:cheering: glad you got your machine back. that IH cleaned up real nice :congrats:

CousinEddie
08-10-2012, 06:57 AM
Well, I'll tell you this about the T2 LTD.... The machine is great, my personal experience with customer service at Teknetics was HORRIBLE. I won't get into specifics, but either my dealer or myself had to call every 48 hours to find out what was going on with this machine. NO ONE ever called me or was courteous to me. Hell, for a 4 days NO ONE knew where my machine was!!!

I agree with an above comment that the machine could be a little more rugged/sturdy.

CousinEddie
08-10-2012, 06:59 AM
Thanks everyone!!!

Merc
08-10-2012, 12:13 PM
Well, I'll tell you this about the T2 LTD.... The machine is great, my personal experience with customer service at Teknetics was HORRIBLE. I won't get into specifics, but either my dealer or myself had to call every 48 hours to find out what was going on with this machine. NO ONE ever called me or was courteous to me. Hell, for a 4 days NO ONE knew where my machine was!!!

I agree with an above comment that the machine could be a little more rugged/sturdy.
Great job on the IH, I called Fisher to have my machine repaired, I had to leave a message and they never called back. Finally I got through the following week and got everything taken care of. It was a bit of a hassle. These machines are super sensitive, but a bit flimsy for woods hunting. Looking forward to your next bunch of finds. congrats. thumbsup01

Fire Fighter 43
08-10-2012, 09:23 PM
Nice digs, WTG |:cheering:

starman2
08-11-2012, 12:32 PM
:smitten:! Sweet IH! :congrats: on breaking in the T-2! It is a very good machine! HH!

Cheap Thrills
08-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Nice going on that fantastic Indian ( great picture too) . |:cheering:I have a standard T2 which I like very much . Did you or your dealer speak to Felix in the service dept ? He's a great guy and usually gets thing squared away promptly .

CousinEddie
08-11-2012, 02:19 PM
Well, I don't want to publicly single out or bash anyone...soooo...I won't. Not one phone call was ever returned about the status of my machine and even my dealer was upset. They didn't even send me the tracking number when they sent it ouot. I understand that not everything in life runs smoothly, but the service in my particular case was simply horrible. Then the run around I got was almost comical. NO ONE knew where the hell my mahcine was, hahaha!! Fed Ex had a hand in that fiasco, so I don't totally blame Teknetics for that screw up. When it showed up on my front porch, it was a big surprise considering the tracking number said it was still at Fishers offices and had been sitting there for 6 days. Again, it was a great example of lack of communication in customer service (From both companies).

Cheap Thrills
08-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Uh , oh .......... this does not sound good at all . These kinds of stories drive away potential customers big time . Sorry to hear you went thru such a bummer hopefully if you ( or I or others) have to send them back in again they will have gotten their act together .Thanks for sharing your experience as these things are always good to know . thumbsup01 :groovy:

CousinEddie
08-11-2012, 03:45 PM
I'm sure this is just an isolated incident. I've never really heard any complaints about Teknetics. Sometimes things just happen....