PDA

View Full Version : Finally Some Yellow Metal

starman2
08-10-2012, 08:11 PM
:waving: Hi All! Spent yesterday, and today. Searching the football field at my Jr. high School. Getting chased out, now and then by intermittent rain showers, and thunder storms. I hunted twice yesterday. A while in the morning. And another round later that day. Both times, finding myself under a tree. Waiting for the rain to stop. >:/ This morning I didn't go out because it was raining when I got up. :shocked04:verreaction: So later, Me and the wife did our usual routing. Headed up to the local Coney for coffee with our friends. Sitting outside with our coffee and smoke, watching it rain. When we returned home. The weather had kind of cleared. So I thought I would run back to the football field. And get in a quick hunt before the next round of rain set in. Shortly into the hunt. :daydream: I had thought about someone saying recently. We like diggin low tones at the school yards. Well to make a long story short. I got a nice 12-04 signal. Which any other time I might not have dug. But pinpointing this signal seemed to bring it down to a real compact spot. I figured I better dig, and check it out. Well when I turned over my plug. And used the probe. I found that it was in the top 3 inches of dirt. I cleared away some of the dirt from the sod. And Lo and behold, My first actual Gold Ring :happy:! I said to myself. Self, you got to be kidding! :shocked04:stretcher: From that point. I was diggin everything. I added to my collection of can slaw. A short time later. The Thunder and Lightning started again. So I hoofed it back to the van. I wasn't really sure until I got the ring home, and washed it off. At which point. I saw the 10K on the inside. But it did come out of the ground clean! :happydance01: Found a couple of doodads and a total of $7.90 in clad and nickles. And a bunch of memorials. Thanks for lookin! :waving: HH!

Fire Fighter 43
08-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Congrats on a very nice looking ring, WTG |:cheering:

Cheap Thrills
08-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Nice going on your first gold ring starman , that's a real pretty and very uniquely styled one . Good thing you didn't let the rain chase you away . :perfect10:

DennisH
08-11-2012, 10:52 AM
What a great looking ring!!! What k carret is it?

aloldstuff
08-11-2012, 11:15 AM
The little voice in your head reminded you to dig the low tones at high schools. WTG on getting some gold, that is one nice looking ring. :congrats: |:cheering:

starman2
08-11-2012, 12:12 PM
What a great looking ring!!! What k carret is it?
It's 10K. But I'm a happy MD'er!

Merc
08-11-2012, 12:25 PM
sharp looking little ring :congrats:

CODY
08-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Awesome looking ring. Congrats!

POKIE73
08-12-2012, 05:29 AM
nice ring i have yet to find gold with th e trac so that to me seems quite a good find congrats on your bling dennis

Ill Digger
08-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Oh yeah! <: Nice find! She's a beauty! thumbsup01
And very unique style too! Very cool! :cool:
Congrats! :grin:

spywiz
08-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Congrats on a nice ring! Way to hang with it! The first ring (as well as every ring that follows) is always the greatest feeling. I love this hobby! HH