PDA

View Full Version : Don't Get Many Of These Days

fsa46
08-11-2012, 06:44 AM
http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n569/fsa46/004-14.jpg

Reading some of these great stories motivated me to tell what happened to me a couple weeks ago.

About 45 minutes into my hunt and 50' from shore, a lady was franticly calling me to shore. I removed my headphones and headed in to see what the problem was. She told me her Son In Law had just lost his wedding band and pointed to where they were.

I headed over to him and his wife and asked where he had lost the ring. He told me he knew immediately when the ring had come off and it was right in vicinity. In less than 5 minutes I had found the ring.

His Mother In Law wanted to give me a reward but I refused, she insisted but so did I . She thanked me again and I went on my way.

Some time had passed when I was approached by four young fellas who told me they were renting a cottage at the beach for a week and pointed it out to me. They also pointed out the area a large group of them were set up on the beach. They told me a friend had lost an Air Force Academy ring a week earlier and pointed to the general area he had lost it, which was huge.

I told them I would hunt the area and if I found it I would bring it to the cottage. Yeah right, like I was going to find it. Well, would you believe it, about an hour later I get a good hit , dig the signal and low and behold I found this beauty....it was gorgeous. HUGE, with a large blue stone.

I was out a long way from shore and looked back to where they told me they were set up but the beach was packed and I couldn't tell where they were. I held the ring in the air and pumped my fist. I seen three young boys start running toward the cottage and within minutes everyone was running out of the cottage from both upstairs and down. I also spotted a group running down that were set up on the beach.

By the time I got into shore there must have been at least 40 people waiting as I approached. One of the guys said, don't tell me you found it already....I showed it to them and they couldn't believe it.

A women in the group handed me some folded money and I could clearly see a $50.00 bill on the top. I refused the reward and told her I had also refuse a reward for another lady earlier. Like the other lady she insisted and again so did I.

I got so much enjoyment from helping these two families and told them good Karma would come my way. We parted ways and I was off and running again.

Some time had passed when I get a faint, deep signal and start going after it. About three scoops later I have the target in my scoop, when I dumped it into my sifter I could see yellow. Wow, I can't believe my eyes, a man's 14K ring with 7 diamond chips in it.

I head to shore and go to the cottage where they were staying. As I approached, one of the guys asked if I wanted a drink, I said no thanks but I wanted to show you what the good Karma was that I was referring to. I reached into my bag and pulled out the ring. They were all as surprised to see it as I was to find it.

It was without a doubt the most gratifing day I have had since water detecting. My only regrets are that I had both parties take pictures of me returning the rings and neither have sent me the pictures. Also , I never wear my glasses while water detecting, and although I could see how beautiful the Air Force Academy ring was, I never looked to see or ask what it was made of. Looking at the Air Force website and seeing the ring I found , it could have been silver, white gold or platinum.

Still, I will not let those shortcomings deminish the satisfaction I got hunting that day.

del
08-11-2012, 08:04 AM
thats a great day Frank :perfect10: i couldn't imagine finding three gold rings and getting the satisfying feeling to return two to their rightful owners :wow: you are truely a hero to those people in need |:confused:) |:confused:) and :wow: thats a very nice ring you got to keep sir , i wish you many more Frank |:cheering: |:cheering: :congrats:

Dan

Cheap Thrills
08-11-2012, 10:42 AM
You're a Great Hunter , Humanitarian and a good example of our hobby . That's a bit sad on their part that neither party sent you a picture , especially since you wouldn't even take a reward .Oh well , you did your part and thankfully good Karma came shortly . Great finds picture and story . :perfect10: :beerbuddy:

Fire Fighter 43
08-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Great story, thank you for being a good example to us all. :perfect10: :perfect10:

Merc
08-11-2012, 12:33 PM
Great job, and excellent advocating for our hobby. :congrats:

aloldstuff
08-11-2012, 01:10 PM
|:cheering:Great story and great job on your detecting skills. It is true about karma. :congrats: on the two ring returns and especially on you finding the gold for yourself. What a fantastic day you had....heres wishing for many more :perfect10:

JH
08-11-2012, 10:19 PM
Bummer on the pictures not coming to ya. However, you made a bunch of people happy and had a good time doing it... it doesn't get much better than that <: