PDA

View Full Version : Sweat Fest but Scored Keepers = = UPDATED

aloldstuff
08-12-2012, 01:43 PM
It was so hot today.....Rob came over at 7am and off we went to the park. This park has been very, very good to us. Today was no exception. By 8:30 we were both just drenched in sweat but we kept going. A 10:30 we just had to leave and go get a liquid break so we went to MickeyD's. At this time I had a 1902 Barber dime, 1942 merc, 1947 rosie, I can't believe that this is the 2nd trifecta from this park for me, 1935 English penny, and 7 wheats and a nickle which I still have not identifed but I'm leaning towards V. After our break we went back cause we don't know any better and started the search all over. Right off the bat I hit a 1942S merc and 2 more wheats. Now the sweat is back and dripping in my eyes, Rob's glasses are all fogged up but we forged ahead. Alright enough is enough, back to the car for another liquid break. The most wheats I have ever got in one hunt was ten so I had a pretty good chance of beating that. Finally #10 is in my pouch and I told Rob that I was not going to leave till # 11 was in the pouch. He agreed but made me promise to let him know immediately when that happened. Rob is up on the hill when I finally get #11 so I raised my gear in the air and he came right down and said lets go. I was pretty sure that the nickle was a V so I told him that I was going to swing on my way back to the car. He goes straight to the car and is sitting in the AC, I'm swinging away when I get a nickle signal. Stop to dig it hoping for a buff but not to be, another Jeff. Oh well.

Also got another sterling ring and a bulldozer and another marble.

Thanks for reading

UPDATE: Finally was able to identify the nickle, its a V.

pulltabsteve
08-12-2012, 01:52 PM
EXCELLENT hunt Al |:cheering: Dont you just love when the sweat drips in your eyes and you wonder why we continue on? lol Nice bunch of finds.

spywiz
08-12-2012, 02:17 PM
Nice finds buddy! Way to stick it out. Congrats on the tri-fecta!! Again!

Cheap Thrills
08-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Great hunt and pictures Al . I think you may have inspired me to go out and hunt later today . |:cheering:

aloldstuff
08-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Great hunt and pictures Al . I think you may have inspired me to go out and hunt later today . |:cheering:

Cheap Thrills, hope the inspiraton was there and what did you get?

Thiltzy
08-13-2012, 09:47 AM
Nice hunt and great score on the variety of silver dimes

Cheap Thrills
08-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Cheap Thrills, hope the inspiraton was there and what did you get?

I put in a couple of more hrs. at the removed bridge and school site . What did I get besides a backache and slowing down the healing of a tweaked knee ? My best finds were 3 Memorial pennies and a few solid hits that turned out to be junk . Two of the Memorials where at the spot where I found the 2 Silver Rosies and the Boy Scout Medallion .I have went to that same spot a few more times after I last posted but found only a few newer coins mostly ( Memorial Pennies) here and there . I think it's going to be awhile before I swing the detector again . The diminishing returns at my heavily hunted sites are getting a bit discouraging so I'm waiting and keeping my eyes open for some new opportunities . :)

POKIE73
08-13-2012, 05:17 PM
now thats what i call determined way to stick it out congrats on a great hunt silver and wheats and the elusive nickel for me anyway again great hunt dennis

aloldstuff
08-13-2012, 05:54 PM
I put in a couple of more hrs. at the removed bridge and school site . What did I get besides a backache and slowing down the healing of a tweaked knee ? My best finds were 3 Memorial pennies and a few solid hits that turned out to be junk . Two of the Memorials where at the spot where I found the 2 Silver Rosies and the Boy Scout Medallion .I have went to that same spot a few more times after I last posted but found only a few newer coins mostly ( Memorial Pennies) here and there . I think it's going to be awhile before I swing the detector again . The diminishing returns at my heavily hunted sites are getting a bit discouraging so I'm waiting and keeping my eyes open for some new opportunities . :)

Sorry to hear about the aches and pains, I can relate. Constantly being on the lookout for new sites is part of this great hobby. First time at a new spot.....What is waiting to be rcovered?

milco
08-13-2012, 09:23 PM
Great finds, WTG! Well worth it I would say.

CODY
08-14-2012, 06:43 AM
WOW Al, that is some great finds. That park has really been good to you. Can't wait to see what else comes out of it. Still looking for my first V. HH

Merc
08-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Heck of a hunt Al :congrats:

::usaflag::

OxShoeDrew
08-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Nicely done sir |:cheering: