PDA

View Full Version : changing my ways

z118
08-12-2012, 05:28 PM
I was able to get in a few hunts over the weekend. I find myself more drawn now to wooded spots; no doubt due to the time I've spent and finds I've made at just such a spot this summer. So I tried a new wooded spot last Friday. It was rough hunting but after an hour or so I had scored 5 wheats and an older looking razor. I figured there had to be some silver there somewhere. So I headed back on Saturday and managed another 8 wheats plus two silver Rosies to go along with them. Nothing amazing but they made my day and were well worth the 10,000 mosquito bites I endured hunting for them.

Sunday I hit a few tot lots and a school field I would suspect holds silver, but it only gave up clad and three wheats. I can't quit schools cold turkey I guess...

Total for the weekend was 194 coins worth $13.96. Again, nothing amazing but it felt good to get in some swing time and even better to have dug something shiny.

Happy hunting...

Ill Digger
08-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Again, nothing amazing but it felt good to get in some swing time and even better to have dug something shiny.
:yes: I hear ya Z! :clapping: But 194 coins alone isn't nothin' to shake a stick at! :omg:
Man thats lotta diggin' Z!
Nice huntin!
Congrats! :grin:

aloldstuff
08-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Whats a couple thousand mosquito bites ...... when you are scoring silvers. Cold turkey on schools is tough, I know. Digging 194 coins is a lot of digging, I probably wouldn't be able to walk for a week. :congrats: on the clad count and your silvers and wheats.

buck57
08-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Man, you're one heck of a digging machine. I'm about like aloldstuff, the next week would be rough going. :stretcher:. Great couple of hunts Z, :congrats:

starman2
08-12-2012, 08:57 PM
:congrats: on a great day of hunting! The Rosies look pretty darn good to me! And all the clad is Awesome! WTG!! |:cheering:

JTGOLD
08-12-2012, 09:44 PM
very good clad count and nice silver to go with them,wtg.

bob_e99
08-13-2012, 10:57 AM
Very nice hunt and that scout thingy just makes it so complete! lol

How many of those have you dug up?

Continued good hunting!

z118
08-13-2012, 10:58 AM
How many of those have you dug up?

lol I have a huge bag full. Lord help me if my wife ever finds it - she will use it as a prime example of what she calls my junk!

OxShoeDrew
08-13-2012, 12:45 PM
I haven't dug that many coins..ummm ever! Nice job.

pulltabsteve
08-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Woods hunting is my #1 choice too. Peaceful. Find out where houses stood 100 years ago and you'll have a sweet spot. Congrats on the goodies! |:cheering:

CODY
08-14-2012, 06:37 AM
Nice finds. Congrats on that Silver. Hey, you spray down Good! That West Nile Virus don't play! Play safe, and HH