PDA

View Full Version : BACK TO VIRGIN CELLAR HOLE*2 MORE COPPERS!

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2012, 06:01 PM
6 am left bright & early and headed back up to the virgin cellar hole. I went relic mode,this time I bumped my pre amp gain up to max 15 and sensitivity maxed at 80 and dug everything that sounded decent.still pullin a ton of iron from around this homesite.nabbed 3 more buttons and both coppers were in with square nails. looks like a 1800 draped bust large cent & a Colonial Connecticut copper.that's 15 large coppers from around this cellar hole now and 53 on the year.
spent 10 hours here so,you can see it's not easy coaxing the good targets out

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2012, 06:02 PM
more pics

Ill Digger
08-12-2012, 06:11 PM
Nice job Dave! :clapping: Way to pull the tough ones away from the iron! |:confused:)
Man... \:[.... 3 LC's in one hunt. :envious: thats awesome!
Congrats! :grin:

del
08-12-2012, 06:34 PM
nice hunt Dave |:cheering: |:cheering: hey your Connecticut is hard to tel exactly what it is but looks close to the Miller 39.2-ee. variety , heres a couple links to some as you can see the coin better in person than i can and judge it. maybe run it by Patch see what he thinks .

Dan

http://www.coinfacts.com/colonial_coins/connecticut_coppers/1787_ct_coppers/1787_ct_copper_miller_39.02_ee.jpg.htm

http://stacksbowers.com/Auctions/AuctionLot.aspx?LotID=305751

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2012, 06:47 PM
nice hunt Dave |:cheering: |:cheering: hey your Connecticut is hard to tel exactly what it is but looks close to the Miller 39.2-ee. variety , heres a couple links to some as you can see the coin better in person than i can and judge it. maybe run it by Patch see what he thinks .

Dan

http://www.coinfacts.com/colonial_coins/connecticut_coppers/1787_ct_coppers/1787_ct_copper_miller_39.02_ee.jpg.htm

http://stacksbowers.com/Auctions/AuctionLot.aspx?LotID=305751

that looks like the one! how rare is very rare? that's what it says VERY RARE

del
08-12-2012, 06:56 PM
that looks like the one! how rare is very rare? that's what it says VERY RARE

easy now big guy , you know as well as i do that auction houses like to inflate and make everything sound too good to pass up. lol lol we haven't even confirmed this to be it yet .

the 1787 Miller 39.2-ee. has a URS-8 rarity rating its desireable obverse because it reads auctobi instead of auctori supposedly they have it listed that 65 to 124 are known but they only start out at $60 bucks in G-4 condition :confused: :confused: :confused:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2012, 07:05 PM
easy now big guy , you know as well as i do that auction houses like to inflate and make everything sound too good to pass up. lol lol we haven't even confirmed this to be it yet .

the 1787 Miller 39.2-ee. has a URS-8 rarity rating its desireable obverse because it reads auctobi instead of auctori supposedly they have it listed that 65 to 124 are known but they only start out at $60 bucks in G-4 condition :confused: :confused: :confused:

BAH! 60 bucks lol.the obverse is toasted only the A visible in Auctori-tobi.reverse was sheltered and is in better shape.the little thingy above INDE is the only thing i see that makes me think its the same.do other varieties have that doo dad above the INDE or just this variety? :confused:

aloldstuff
08-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Another nice hunt Dave |:cheering:. Your copper count always amazes me, year in and year out :wow:. Question for ya, at what point does a site become unvirgin? As far as humans are concerned I know the answer but I'm confused as to what relic hunters consider virgin.

del
08-12-2012, 07:14 PM
the little thingy above INDE is the only thing i see that makes me think its the same.do other varieties have that doo dad above the INDE or just this variety? :confused:

yes there are a few varieties of that type Dave but that one looked the closest as it was further from lady liberty's head than most . like i said there wasn't much to go on but ask IP anyways .

Dan

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Another nice hunt Dave |:cheering:. Your copper count always amazes me, year in and year out :wow:. Question for ya, at what point does a site become unvirgin? As far as humans are concerned I know the answer but I'm confused as to what relic hunters consider virgin.

thanks! well unvirgin is when it's been hit before.virgin is when ya don't think anybody's detected it. for 15 coppers to come out from around this hole I honestly don't think it's seen a detector.If somebody did hit hit they missed an awful lot of coinage and buttons.I'm just going on what Dan & George had told me in the past.most virgin sites they came across gave up between 15- 30 coppers.so I'm basing my assumption on their expertise

tanacat
08-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Nice hunt Dave :clapping: I always love a dose of cellar hole pics lol

del
08-12-2012, 08:02 PM
thanks! well unvirgin is when it's been hit before.virgin is when ya don't think anybody's detected it. for 15 coppers to come out from around this hole I honestly don't think it's seen a detector.If somebody did hit hit they missed an awful lot of coinage and buttons.I'm just going on what Dan & George had told me in the past.most virgin sites they came across gave up between 15- 30 coppers.so I'm basing my assumption on their expertise

yeah i'd say its officially a virgin site now Dave but you should also be finding some small silver too. 15 coppers and you should of had atleast a half reale by now.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2012, 08:48 PM
yeah i'd say its officially a virgin site now Dave but you should also be finding some small silver too. 15 coppers and you should of had atleast a half reale by now.

well i'm sure theres one or two amongst the iron.It's tough grabbin a copper in this iron spider web geesh! now ya want me to get tiny half reales? >:tongue:
on a lighter note this is what IP said below

That one will take some work... many are pretty close, and it's just good enough to possibly ID, but could be iffy.

del
08-12-2012, 09:18 PM
hey how long were you there , all day??

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2012, 11:42 PM
hey how long were you there , all day??

yeah :embarrassed: 10 hours so,you can see how tough it is to get good signals here.well I mean pull a decent target :blackeye:

Fire Fighter 43
08-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Congrats on the coppers, WTG |:cheering: