PDA

View Full Version : Medium Silver, Small Silver

starman2
08-14-2012, 05:33 PM
:waving: Good evening to you all! 2 days ago. I visited my favorite football field again. No Gold this time. But alot of clad and memorials. thumbsup01! Also found this Andrew Jackson coin. Can someone tell me if this is actually a Dollar? Monday morning. I got kind of a late start. Didn't get out till around 8:00am. For a change of pace. I Decided to try an area up near the front of the school. Which contains alot of large trees. Parked the van at the edge of the parking lot. Close to where I wanted to hunt. Got my E-Trac out. Turned it on and stepped down into the ditch. Did a noise cancle. And started up the the bank. My first signal was no more then 10 feet away from the van 8/. It was a nice 12-46, 47. Figured it was going to be a quarter. :happy: Well it was not only a quarter. But this one was a 1955 Washington. |:cheering:! Only stayed a couple hours. I added to my can slaw collection, and found a few more clad coins and memorials. I headed home. And me and the wife headed up to the coney, for our daily bull session. Well, I kept thinkin about that quarter. And so when I got home. I asked permission from the war department. If it would be all right if I went back for a while. Seein as the wife is always glad to get rid of me for a while. She eagerly approved. So off I went back to the school. Hunting along the same area but on the other side of the drive. I stuck my coil up under a resprouting oak tree. That had been cut down a few years ago. Got a nice dime signal. Dug my plug. and at the bottom of the hole was a nice shiny 1960-D Rosie! <: Totaled out with $13.30 in clad and nickles. A junk ring. 2 Wheaties, And a hand full of memorials. Thanks for lookin! :groovy: HH!!

PL8MAN
08-14-2012, 06:01 PM
That is a lot of digging ! Congrats on the silver thumbsup01 . That is a dollar coin . I believe the mint makes 5 different Presidents dollars per year until they get to Obama . I love digging up them dollar coins !
Glen

dalewestaby
08-14-2012, 07:08 PM
nice! was your silver quarter in the field or around the field?

CODY
08-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Congrats on a great hunt. Nice Silver.

aloldstuff
08-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Very nice finds |:cheering:. Do make sure that you get back to that spot as I am willing to bet that more silver awaits you.

:congrats: on your silvers and the huge clad count :perfect10:

Tony Two-Cent
08-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Great photos and a nice bunch of finds!

Congrats on the silver! :happydance01:

starman2
08-14-2012, 08:51 PM
nice! was your silver quarter in the field or around the field?
No. I found the Quarter and the Dime. Up in the wooded area just off the parking lot. I have yet to find anything old in the football field. I went to Jr. High school here. And they have filled the whole area in. Nothing but 70's to 2000 coins in the field. The wooded area up by the school. Has not been touched to much. The school was built in the late 60's.

RaZR
08-14-2012, 09:02 PM
:congrats: on the silvers and the dollar coin!! Nice pile of clad also!
If i were you i'd hit the group of big trees in the picture. The little silver coins like to hide under the roots. That E-Trac will find em :yes:.

milco
08-14-2012, 09:38 PM
That's a lot fo diggin', nice finds!

JTGOLD
08-15-2012, 02:19 PM
very nice silver finds and great clad count,wtg.

jkress
08-15-2012, 10:53 PM
Nice!! :clapping: Lots of digging but many keepers. thumbsup01
Love seeing the Washington you pulled out. For some reason I have yet to dig one this year. :dontknow: I've pulled a Seated quarter plus many
Barber quarters... not a single Washington. :confused: It's good to see they are out there.
Congrats starman2.

Fire Fighter 43
08-16-2012, 11:29 AM
Congrats on the silver, WTG |:cheering:

starman2
08-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Nice!! :clapping: Lots of digging but many keepers. thumbsup01
Love seeing the Washington you pulled out. For some reason I have yet to dig one this year. :dontknow: I've pulled a Seated quarter plus many
Barber quarters... not a single Washington. :confused: It's good to see they are out there.
Congrats starman2.
It's just the other way around for me. I would love to find a Barber Quarter :smitten:! HH!

Thiltzy
08-16-2012, 01:18 PM
:wow: that is a great clad haul! Two nice silvers to go along with it and it all makes for a great day of hunting.
Did you have to split the booty with the wifey?