PDA

View Full Version : Which underwater detector would you reccomend?

upsmanpa
03-25-2010, 03:17 PM
Hi, I have my underwater/land MD down to 3 choices

A. The CZ-21 Minelab
B. Aquapulse MD
C. Excalibur 2 MD

Let me know what you think! Thanks :grin:

angellionel
03-25-2010, 06:14 PM
I don't have any experience with Fisher's CZ-21 or Aquapulse, but from what I've read they are quite capable machines, though the CZ-21 is best for detecting in freshwater bodies. I do own an Excalibur, and it is a very good machine, being able to use it in and out of the water at both freshwater and saltwater beaches. It is heavy though, especially felt when working the wet sand for long periods, since it really isn't all that well balanced.

I'm sure others with experience on the other machines will chime in with their thoughts.

coinnut
03-25-2010, 06:27 PM
I don't water hunt, but almost everyone at our detecting club is either talking the Garrett (Infinium?? I think it's called) or the Minelab. Sometimes Fisher comes up, but more often than not, it those two names I hear. My guess would be that no matter which unit you would pick, as long as it is known as a great water machine, you will do good with it. It would all be up to how comfortable you are with the ease of use. I do see some really impressive gold and diamond finds, from doing the waist / neck high waters :yes: That is if you like gold and diamonds lol

upsmanpa
03-25-2010, 07:14 PM
Thanks for the help!

Lowjiber
03-25-2010, 08:11 PM
I use a Surfmaster PI, but only hunt about waist deep at the most.

The folks here on the California coast who detect/dive pretty much swear by the Excal.

flueinc
03-26-2010, 08:14 PM
The detector that has given me my best finds is the excal1000 it is best in the water but it works the land too. I have a hip mouth and there is only the shaft and coil very light that way

upsmanpa
03-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Thanks Guys!