PDA

View Full Version : Silver Trio

catskillcomics
03-25-2010, 07:04 PM
Well, went back to the Fairgrounds again today.. went back to where I was yesterday and started the day with the nice amount of wheaties, and a 1947 Rosie.
I then decided to go back over an area that I found a few merc's and Barbers last week, slowed things down a lot more and ended up finding 2 more silvers, 1963D rosie and 1937 merc.

coinnut
03-25-2010, 07:53 PM
Nice. 3 silvers is a good amount for one hunt. It really pays to slow down and concentrate. I have to constantly drill that into my own head, everytime I go out lol I just want to take off from the starting gate :rolleyes: Nice digs and that shows me there is gonna be more silver still masked there for you to find. Ever wonder why it wasn't found before? If you can answer that and make adjustments to your hunting, you can give Angel a run for the money rofl True though :confused: Good luck on your next trip out there.

catskillcomics
03-25-2010, 08:56 PM
Nice. 3 silvers is a good amount for one hunt. It really pays to slow down and concentrate. I have to constantly drill that into my own head, everytime I go out lol I just want to take off from the starting gate :rolleyes: Nice digs and that shows me there is gonna be more silver still masked there for you to find. Ever wonder why it wasn't found before? If you can answer that and make adjustments to your hunting, you can give Angel a run for the money rofl True though :confused: Good luck on your next trip out there.

Thanks coinnut, I think the biggest problem with the fairgrounds is there is LOTS of iron, I couldn't tell you how many nails I've dug up thinking they were silver. I usually can tell the difference, but I've gotten fooled lots of times here.. but just starting to get the hang of it here.. thinking of how much of the grounds I need to re-do.. I could be here all summer.. not a bad thing by any means.

angellionel
03-25-2010, 09:11 PM
You are on a roll, Scott. Nice silver. :grin: Slowing down and paying attention to what the machine is telling you does pay off. thumbsup01

Ill Digger
03-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Nice !!!
Pretty soon we're gonna neeed a ticker counter for you too :yes:
Congrats :grin:

Epi-hunter
03-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Congrats on the silver... again! :) That is such a great site!

del
03-26-2010, 02:39 AM
very nice trio of shiney coins Scott , the iron always sounds good this time of year because of the damp wet ground wait till summer and the iron very seldom sounds like a coin then

ProPointer
03-27-2010, 11:27 AM
Nice job! The 1947 is in excellent condition. thumbsup01

RickO
03-27-2010, 01:55 PM
Great finds Scott.. those fairgrounds have been very good for you.... HH RickO